Chapter 59

The support this story is receiving is actually mind-blowing. Honestly, I'm so grateful for the votes, the comments and all the Sam x William shippers out there. I might be just teasing you... or not. Have a nice day!

-Sian

"What's wrong?" Jacob asked as they walked into college, hand in hand. Hunter had been a little tense all morning and he was very good at blocking out his thoughts.

"Nothing."

"There is," Jacob mumbled. "You're grumpy."

Hunter sighed and glared at a girl who was staring at his man.

"Well, you know I don't like water and-"

"You don't have to go in the pool, it's fine."

"It's not fine though," Hunter had begun to scowl so Jacob stopped.

"I can't help you if you won't tell me what's wrong."

"You don't need to know." The secret Hunter was keeping would be too much to reveal in a public place. He hates even the thought of what happened all those years ago and it would be hard to keep himself together. He is ashamed and blames himself. He didn't want Jacob to know what horrific mistake he had made.

"Are you sure?" Jacob's voice was quiet. He could see people staring at them because they looked like a couple, holding hands and standing close.

"Jacob, this is my problem, just drop it okay?"

"Okay," He whispered. "But stop frowning, it's annoying."

Hunter cocked his head to the side.

"You're quite demanding when you're confident. It's cute."

Something as simple as words managed to heat Jacob's cheeks up at lightning speed. Hunter dropped the frown and took a breath. It wasn't fair to be grouchy and take it out on others.

"We're um, gonna be late for class," Jacob mumbled.

"I don't care, it's not like we're supposed to be here anyway."

"Hunter!" A guy yelled and jogged over. His eyes completely avoided Jacob. "Hey man, I feel like I haven't seen you in ages."

"Oh, hey... Joe," Hunter very nearly forgot his name. He didn't really know him because he didn't really like him. Joe only wanted to be friend's with him because he was cool. All the girls wanted to be with him and all the guys wanted to be him. However, now that he was with Jacob, people didn't really like it.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to come to a party tonight?" Joe suggested but there was something odd about Jacob that kept pulling his eyes towards him. The atmosphere around him was like a magnet, drawing in his concentration.

"No thanks, I'm busy," Hunter politely declined.

"Oh come on, you can even bring him?" He pointed at Jacob who stared blankly into the distance. He could feel everything Joe was feeling. He knew that wasn't normal but he was accepting it.

Joe has a self-centered personality and thought everything should revolve around him. He was desperately pleading for Hunter to come to his party for social acceptance and he didn't like the fact that he was gay but he still looked cool so it was okay to invite him. Right now, he felt nervous but confused as to why someone would refuse his party because he was also very strongly opinionated.

Jacob didn't know any of this about him before and it was odd how he could just feel it.

"His name is Jacob," Hunter spoke in a monotone voice, clearly showing his low level of interest. "And no, we're both busy tonight."