Chapter 24

"No," Jacob frowned.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want you to."

"That's not a valid reason."

In all honesty, Jacob didn't have a reason as to why Hunter couldn't kiss him, other than his nervous mind. What if he was an atrocious kisser? What if it felt too awkward?

"Will I be your first kiss?" Hunter questioned.

Jacob nodded while Hunter's parents and pack talked among themselves about the rival pack.

"It doesn't matter if you're not the best kisser then, I'll teach you. My lips are available for lessons as of today."

Jacob looked at him with a funny frown. He was trying not to smile which was unusual for him. He never usually had anything to smile about.

"No."

Hunter chuckled deeply, sending waves of pleasure through Jacob.

"Why not?" He asked out loud. "Tell me if I'm being too forceful. I can't help it. It's my Alpha nature."

"You are a bit but um, I-I don't mind."

"Are you sure?"

Jacob nodded and found himself staring at Hunter's mouth.

Hunter brought his face in close and that's when Jacob realised he wasn't wearing a t-shirt. He felt his breath against his lips and found himself leaning into him more too.

"When you're ready," Hunter whispered. "I will kiss you."

Jacob's senses felt like they died and instantly got reincarnated. He had never felt anything so strong. Hunter knew he was growing to be rather irresistible for his innocent mate and he loved it.

"Hunter?" Anthony had cleared his throat multiple times but his son was very engrossed with his mate.

Hunter glanced at him but didn't move his face away from Jacob who could only stare at his mouth. He felt like he was in some sort of loved up trance. Wasn't the bond supposed to settle after a few days? He felt like it was getting stronger. But maybe that's because he is finally accepting it.

"You need to have a meeting with your pack about this. We'll take Jacob back to the house until you're finished."

Hunter stood up straight as Jacob was pulled back into the real world.

"No, he stays with me."

"Son, he can't be at pack meetings." Margo didn't go to Anthony's pack meetings unless it was urgent.

"He deserves to know what's going on. This involves him so he's staying with me." Hunter was a little stern and he knew his dad would yell at him for it later.

But in front of his pack, he couldn't humiliate Hunter, it wouldn't be fair.

"Fine, we'll talk about this when you get back."

Hunter watched as his parents turned into two magnificent white wolves and started their journey back to the house.

"Come on then, let's go."

Hunter's shirtless pack changed into wolves and playfully started running in the direction of the field.

"I'll give you a lift," Hunter smiled and turned into his huge wolf form. He rubbed his furry head against his mate's hip.

"Wait," Jacob frowned and found himself subconsciously patting his head. "A lift?"

"Yes, get on my back."