Chapter 35

"Hunter, Please give me some space, you're blocking the light," Margo spoke softly and looked at Jacob's deep wound. "He's going to need a lot of stitches."

Jacob was lying belly down on the couch. Sam had placed a sick bucket on the floor in case he threw up. He was staring at the wall, still confused and feeling the pain of his injury.

Hunter took a step back. He was very worried about him, he seemed really concussed.

"Jacob?" Margo tapped gently on his cheek. "Do you know where you are?"

His eyes closed for a brief moment before opening and glancing at Margo.

"H-H... Hun-Hunter?" He whispered quietly.

"I'm right here," Hunter crouched next to his mum and gave him a kind smile. "See?"

Jacob's arm fell off the couch in an attempt to touch him, he wasn't sure why he felt so compelled to feel his warmth. Hunter lifted his arm and placed it on his lap. He held tightly onto his mate's hand, only realising how weak he was due to his poor effort to squeeze it back.

"Do you know what happened to you?" Hunter asked and crossed his legs. he ran a very gentle hand through the front of Jacob's hair who stared at him with no emotion.

"Werewolves," He mumbled. "T-They are- they are real."

Margo started to prepare things so she could disinfect the wound while Anthony and the rest of Hunter's pack stood next to the couch and watched with concern.

"They are." Hunter lifted his hand and gently kissed his knuckles. He hated seeing him like this as his mum return her attention to his cut.

"What... that's odd," Margo mumbled and looked closer at his head.

"What is it?" Anthony questioned.

"It's healing."

"The wound?" Hunter frowned. "Already?"

Margo nodded with concern.

"Is it because he's connected to a werewolf?"

"This is different. It has healed so much in less than thirty seconds that I don't need to stitch it up anymore."

Hunter leant over him and looked. She was right, the blood was no longer gushing out of it and it was no longer gaping open.

"I still have the bruising from my ribs, there's no way he'd heal faster than a werewolf."

Hunter's pack glanced at one another, not really sure what to make of this situation and what it would then mean.

"Unless..." Anthony trailed off and looked at his wife who heard his thoughts. He felt stupid thinking it in his head.

"He's not just a human?" Margo spoke for him.

Hunter scoffed and stood up.

"Are you kidding? He's clearly human."

"Son, this isn't normal, even in a werewolf's world." Margo looked at his wound and it was still making progress. Jacob was frowning and the colour was returning to his cheeks but he still looked a little confused.

"What else could he be?" Hunter shook his head. "Only Werewolves and Humans exist. He is obviously just a human."

Anthony tapped his chin with thought but was it really that obvious?

Hunter could not believe that his parents suggested something so ridiculous as he knelt in front of his mate.

"Jacob? Can you hear me?"