Chapter 69

"Alisha?" Anthony frantically searched the area with his eyes, still not seeing her. "That is not possible."

"Yeah, she's..." Jacob blinked, yet mysteriously lost her in his sight. "What? I can't see her anymore." He searched, just like what Anthony and Hunter were doing. "She's gone."

Hunter was glad the attention was away from him for a while, at least.

"Are you sure it wasn't a look alike?" He questioned.

"No, I-I definitely saw her."

Anthony started the engine with a concerned frown.

"I'll call the prison to make sure she's still there. Jacob, if you did see her, be prepared. Knowing you're a God will belittle her massive ego." There is no way she could have escaped. Their werewolf prison is one of the most secure places for wolf criminals, in the world.

"I hope I was just seeing things," Jacob sat on the chair in the back of the truck. Was his mind playing tricks on him? Did he see someone who just happened to look like her?

* * * * *

After driving for twenty minutes, they approached a big metal gate. It was very grand and Anthony had to type in a code for it to open. When it did, it unlatched from the middle, allowing them to drive down the cobbled path.

"Where are we?" Jacob thought to Hunter, looking around in awe. The grass was trimmed to perfection and the flowers were simply beautiful. Pink orchids and bright sunflowers lined up in neat rows, next to plump looking roses of different colours.

"This is our old house. It looks really different," Hunter also looked around with surprise. "It never used to look this fancy."

"Wow," Jacob breathed when they parked the rugged truck outside a beautiful, big building. The first thing he noticed was a polished ruby red door. Next to it, mounted to the brick wall, was what looked like the base of a tree trunk. Carved into it was Hunter's last name.

"The Rayson's household," Jacob read out loud with excited eyes.

"Dad, why is it so... posh looking?" Hunter asked. There were two beautiful white marble pillars, sitting on either side of the door.

"It's not bad to want nice things in life son," Anthony grinned. "But your mum was very particular about what her dream home should look like. And to be honest, I'm impressed." He climbed out of the big truck when the front door opened.

Sam was first to jog through the door and down the white marble steps.

"I hope these don't get broken. I can fix wood but not marble," He chuckled.

Anthony crossed his arms, feeling a little better about this day. Seeing his home so beautiful made it worth living in the tiny studio for so long. However, it brought their family closer together and it will be dearly missed.

"Only Jacob is strong enough to break these. If he ever breaks them, I can guarantee Hunter will have something to do with it."

Hunter rolled his eyes behind his dads back and walked towards the door.

"Is everyone inside?"

"Yes. You have one minute to find a bedroom or I'm picking for you."

"Seriously?"

"Yes. But avoid the back of the building, there are painters in there, sorting out the last bathroom."

Hunter and Sam grinned at each other before running into the building, searching for the stairs. Anthony turned to Jacob who was nervously watching a body guard.