Chapter 42

Jacob looked up to his dad when he heard him say his name. How could he possibly think this was his son? How could he know about this?

"You need to calm down," Scott continued to stroke his ears. He hated seeing him so terrified. "You can't change back until you do."

Jacob couldn't believe it. Maybe he was dreaming? However, he was still stressing about being a wolf, it felt too strange. Scott knew they didn't have a long time limit for him to be this way. So he lifted the pup up and held him out in front him.

Jacob's big brown eyes stared at his dad as he stared back. He examined his fur with an intrigued expression. He had so many questions for him and he understood that his son would be feeling the same way. He shouldn't know about these supernatural beings but he does and surprisingly, he knows a lot.

"Okay," He sighed when Jacob released another small whimper. "I think we need to make a trip to Hunter's house. I know you said you had an argument but I bet he's the only one who can calm you down."

Jacob wished he could just talk to his dad as he stood with him cradled in his arms.

"I need to cover you up," He picked up a hoody off the floor and started wrapping it around him. "Is that okay?"

Jacob was still shaking and still, very, very confused. But he nodded his little head for confirmation. Scott gave him a smile and made sure he didn't suffocate him. He understood that he had a lot of explaining to do but he just needed to get to a better place so he knew that what he said would fall on safe ears.

Jacob rested his nose against his dad's shirt, smelling him was very comforting when he was freaking out so much.

Scott turned and hurried downstairs. He was going to make a smooth exit out of the house without letting anyone know where he was going. He had a more important situation to handle than having dinner.

He stopped, knowing that he'd have to pass the doorway where everyone was sitting.

"Stay Quiet," He whispered and felt the pup in his arms stay very still. He then took a breath and walked past. He saw out of the corner of his eye that Grace spotted him. When he opened the front door, she called his name but he ignored her and quickly shut it.

He hurried over to the car and got in. Carefully, he placed the pup on the passenger seat and Jacob fought against the hoody to pull it off his head. Scott didn't waste any time as he put on a seatbelt, started the car and reversed out of the driveway.

* * * * *

"It's really not healthy for the boys to have trust issues in a relationship like this. It is very powerful and it should be full of meaning," Flora sighed and stared at Hunter's closed bedroom door. "Young Jacob still has a lot to get used to."

"My heart hurts every time I see him looking overwhelmed. I can't imagine how Hunter would feel," Margo sighed and leant against Anthony.

"That was a really heated argument," Flora sipped her tea but perked up a little bit when they heard a car engine. "Sounds like you have a visitor."

Everyone stopped when they heard a car door slam shut. Their gaze stared at the front door when the footsteps became louder. Anthony sat up when he smelt who it was.

"Jacob's dad?" He mumbled, just as there were three loud knocks. He stood up, cleared his throat and walked over. He hoped that he wasn't here to be angry at the fact that the kids argued.

He stopped and took a breath before pulling the handle and swinging the door open.

"Oh hey, Sco-" He stopped when he saw the pup in his arms. His heart instantly sped up and his eyes grew intense. That wasn't a good sign.