Chapter Three

Before setting off for Japan, the Suoh's had invited my friends to walk through their massive private plane. Something told me that Tamaki really did hear them fangirling yesterday. It wouldn't surprise me considering people who would be taking a daily stroll past the orphanage would come knocking at the door asking if we were alright.

The girls and I admired the beautiful interior of the plane and examined all the little details as if it were a museum.

White couches faced one another in front of a large flat screen t.v that was mounted on the wall.

"Wow," Bianca said in disbelief as her head seemed to turn in every direction. We all glanced at a room that had two twin sized beds next to one another, a nightstand creating distance between them. A small staircase led to a loft with a master bed without a bed frame, probably meant to make the room look more spacious.

"I hope you don't mind sharing that room with Tamaki." Mr. Suoh spoke, his finger gesturing towards the room with two beds. The room was divided from the rest of the plain with a thick black curtain as a door, "The flight will only be about 13 hours so it's just one night."

I could practically feel the girls holding in their excitement as much a possible, a few girly giggles and gasps escaped their lips. They were the only ones who believed that Tamaki and I would become more than friends. I mentally push away the weirdos and set my tiny suitcase on top of the bed I had chosen out of the two. My hand brushed against the faux fur comforter. My mind sort of just pushed me to touch it seeing that it looked as soft as it was, "I don't mind it at all." After answering Mr. Suoh, I set the rose that Tamaki gave me yesterday on top of my suitcase. The petals were beginning to shrivel up after not having water since the meeting.

"Is that all you have?" Concern dripped from Tamaki's face as he stared at my torn up suitcase. What did he expect? I could only fit so much into that drawer back at the orphanage. I guess he wouldn't have known since he was never in our room...

"Back at the orphanage, we didn't need a whole lot of clothes or anything else," I admitted as I unzipped the auburn suitcase. It held two outfits and socks and underwear. The rest was just necessities such as a toothbrush and all that hygienic stuff. I was very pleased with my own packing job. He let out a judgy huff, "How about I take you shopping when we get back?" His question seemed more like a gentle demand, "Do I really have a choice?" I asked. He shook his head. Whelp, that answers that.

I turned to face Bianca who shared a sad smile with me, "4 years at Lilia's Orphanage for Young Girls and you finally find a good family." She expressed not sadness but deep satisfactory. I hoped she was right. I gripped her hands into my own, "Take care of yourself and the other girls for me. I promise that I'll see you soon." She freed her hands slowly ambled off of the plane, the other girls following suit. I could tell that they weren't going to say goodbye due to it having an impact on my leaving. We didn't have words for each other to know that we all had promises to keep and were determined to keep them.

The door to the plane closed, leaving me staring at it in silence. I was forcing my guilt that created an ocean in my stomach to go away and just find happiness and peace with the fact that someone wanted to adopt me. Warmth tugged at one of my shoulders, "Let's sit and buckle up until we're in the air." Tamaki says before releasing his hand and making his way to one of the seats that were attached to the wall. Another was attached to his. I'm guessing that these are kind of like those seats that flight attendants have to use during lift off and landing. Lucky guess. I spent no time following him and sitting in the second seat.

Tamaki pushed my seatbelt pieces together and tugs a strap attached to it, making it tighter. Once he was done with mine he did the same with his, "Prepare for take-off." A pilot's voice rushes out of the intercom. Mindlessly, my hands gripped the arms of my seat. I'd never been on a plane before since all of my fosters were always close to the orphanage or Ms. Lilia wasn't able to take us on vacations. My eyes shut when the plane began to push forward, "Why... Why... Why?" I kept muttering to myself. Why did I let them take me on the plane? I would've much rather take more time on floating to Japan than flying.