A Few Hundred Dollars

The next morning Harry separated himself from Niall and Louis, claiming he needed to get to the library for a book.

Of course, he was actually rushing as fast as his heeled boots would carry him to the student services office.

Harry came to a rather sudden stop in the doorway when he saw Zayn standing at the front counter.

Before he could get away, Zayn saw him.

"Oh hey, what're you doing here?"

Immediately Harry began to think up lies.

"Uh, I was just...I-I lost a beanie." He lied.

"Well, they took the box away this morning. They're donating everything to charity or something. Sorry about your beanie." Zayn said.

Harry held on to the door frame for support. "W-What about the journal?"

"They took the box before I could drop it off. It's still in my bag." Zayn said casually.

"You okay? You look a little pale." Zayn frowned as he approached him.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." Harry sighed with relief.

"Um, you haven't read the journal have you?" Harry asked.

Zayn stopped after they got outside, turning and looking at him.

"....No, why?"

"Well I was just curious. I know some people can't resist stuff like that." Harry chuckled nervously.

"Um, see you later." He added, quickly walking away with red cheeks.

"Wait," Zayn chuckled, catching up to him.

"Where are you going?"

"To class." Harry said stiffly, avoiding his eyes.

"I know that, what class?" Zayn laughed, noticing how red his face was.

"Oh, uh, some kind of science thing I think." Harry swallowed, his mouth feeling dry now.

"I have some kind of science thing too." Zayn said, staring at him with an amused expression.

Harry blushed even worse, daring to hold eye contact. "Nice." He said quietly.

"How come you never wear your hair down?" Zayn asked, looking at his bun.

"I was told it was too feminine once." Harry said, when in reality he was teased about it.

"Too feminine? Oh please." Zayn scoffed.

"It's just hair, fuck whoever said that."

Harry smiled a little, shaking his head.

"I mean it. It only matters what you think. Not anyone else." Zayn said.

"Yeah, you're right." Harry said quietly.

"So, you gonna take it down?" Zayn smiled.

"This must be that peer pressure I was warned about." Harry joked, making Zayn chuckle.

"You don't have to take it down, I was just curious about how long it is." Zayn shrugged.

"Oh. Well...about as long as hers." Harry said, pointing to a girl that walked by.

"Cool." Zayn nodded, barely glancing at her before his eyes were back on Harry.

"Ready for some kind of science thing?" Zayn asked.

Harry nodded, smiling some and wishing Zayn would quit looking at him with those eyes.

It was driving him crazy.