The Speech

Niall left about an hour after Zayn did, blessing Harry with an empty house.

It was almost seven in the evening now, and Harry couldn't remember the last time he had a quiet night to himself.

He felt quite proud of himself after studying, so, he decided he deserved an award.

That award was getting completely dolled up for absolutely no reason with his favorite music playing in the background.

At one point Harry walked up to the mirror, finding a comfortable stance and looking over his appearance.

He was wearing that lavender colored dress Zayn got him, with a face full of makeup to match.

Never too much, of course.

Harry performed a rather graceful spin, loving the way the fabric swirled around him.

"Are you having fun?"

Harry almost flinched out of his skin, seeing Zayn standing in front of his closed bedroom door.

He immediately felt relieved, but his heart was still pounding from the scare.

Harry walked over and turned the music down, trying his best to give Zayn a stern stare.

"Why didn't you knock or something?"

Zayn smiled slightly. "Didn't think I had to."

"You do when I'm in here playing music and can't hear you come in. You were probably extra quiet on purpose weren't you?" Harry narrowed his eyes accusingly, trying not to smile.

"I mean yeah, I wanted to watch you a bit. You look stunning." Zayn admitted.

Harry's expression faded, being replaced with a blush and shy smile.

"Stunning?" He eventually asked, sounding doubtful.

"Yes, I've told you that a million times." Zayn said, approaching him.

Harry turned to look at himself in the mirror again, Zayn hugging him from behind and looking as well.

"I dunno." Harry said quietly.

Zayn studied his expression a moment.

"What are you thinking?" He asked, since it was obvious Harry was hooked on a thought.

"If I say it you'll say something really sweet and it'll be pointless." Harry smiled.

"Nothing you say is pointless." Zayn said, kissing his cheek.

"See?" Harry exclaimed, chuckling.

Zayn had to chuckle too, hugging him a little tighter.

"No, seriously though. Tell me." He said when they quieted down again.

Harry looked at himself again, swallowing.

"I'm thinking about....when I would see myself as stunning."

"When would that be?" Zayn asked softly.

Harry was quiet for a long time, his stare cast downward.

"When I have a more curvy body." He finally spoke, his heart throbbing with anxiety for some reason.

Maybe because he'd never really mentioned anything like this to Zayn directly, just into his journal.

"What do you mean?" Zayn asked, frowning a little.

"A smaller waist." Harry said, that being one of many things.