Dumb and Dumber

On Thursday morning, Zayn actually felt slightly hungover again, even though he hadn't had a drop of alcohol since the whole dresser incident.

He was irritable, wanting to go back to bed rather than sit here and be confused for almost three hours.

"Who's the victim?"

Zayn looked at Alex, watching as she sat next to him and looked at him for a response.

"What?" He spoke when she didn't repeat herself or explain.

"You look like you want to kill someone. I was just wondering who."

"Whoever made the decision to have class this early." Zayn decided, resting his head against his hand.

"Wanna skip?" Alex asked.

Yes.

"I do but I know I shouldn't." Zayn eventually replied after seriously debating his answer.

His grade in this class couldn't take any more damage.

"Everyone knows they shouldn't skip but they do it anyway. That's kind of the point." Alex smirked.

"I know, but I can't. My grade isn't the best in here." Zayn admitted.

"Need my notes again?" She asked knowingly.

"Maybe at some point. Let me at least try to be responsible first." Zayn said, finally cracking a smile.

"Yeah, no problem. I hope you succeed." Alex smiled back.

Zayn actually took a decent amount of notes throughout the class, learning they were going to have a test during their next class just before they were dismissed.

"I'll bring you the notes you need before the test since...you only have notes from today's class and no other." Alex said with a little laugh, following Zayn out of the class.

"Thanks." Zayn sighed, already feeling like he was going to fail no matter how many notes he had.

The German language just wasn't for him.

"If you want me to help you study I can too. This class is really easy for me." Alex said casually.

"I see. You're one of those students. Everything is just so easy." Zayn joked, both of them chuckling afterwards.

"At least I'm passing." Alex shrugged.

"So am I!" Zayn argued, looking at her.

"For now." She smiled, looking back at him as she walked off. "I'll text you!"

Zayn rolled his eyes, lighting a cigarette and walking towards Harry when he spotted him.

"Hey." Harry smiled when he saw him.

Zayn smiled as well. "How'd your class go?"

"Boring. I started thinking about last night for entertainment." Harry said, taking Zayn's hand as they began to walk to his car.

"Yeah?" Zayn chuckled.

"Mhmm. You should really dress in a suit more often."

"After the way you reacted? I'll probably live in a suit from now on." Zayn said.

"I'd like that." Harry nodded.

Zayn pulled on his cigarette one last time, flicking it away. "Alex is going to bring me some notes and probably help me study some at some point before next Thursday. Just wanted to let you know."