Face Full

Harry informed Jackie of what happened for Charlie, happily agreeing to stay while Evan and Charlie left.

"I'm going to need you more now." Jackie warned him.

"I know, it's fine." Harry said, knowing Charlie would do the same for him.

Jackie nodded, leaving the kitchen.

Zayn came out from where he'd been hiding from Jackie, giving Harry a sympathetic look.

"You're beating yourself up I can tell."

"Zayn I....being there for that was hard. Seeing him literally break hurt me." Harry tried to explain.

"If I was in his position I'd be going crazy right now." He said, staring off into space.

"You did what you could. You're covering for him, you're helping him out in a pretty significant way." Zayn said.

"Relax and don't worry too much about it."

Harry nodded, still deep in thought.

"How long do you think....I mean I'd need months before I could face anyone again after news like that. What if he never comes back?"

"You're worrying." Zayn said, giving him a look.

"I can't help it! I don't want to be alone here it's a lot to handle during the week." Harry said.

"I'll work with you." Zayn shrugged.

"What?" Harry asked, looking at him now.

"I'll apply for the position or...just talk to Jackie and tell her I'd be glad to help out during this." He said casually.

Harry slowly began to smile. "I'd love for you to work with me."

"Yeah I think it could be fun." Zayn nodded.

"To say the least." He added with a small smile.

Harry smiled a little more before it faded. "I'm worried about him, Zayn." He admitted.

"We had actually gotten kind of close lately you know? I hate that he has to go through this I feel like I should be with him."

"He has his brother, plus other family. I promise you he has the support he needs. It's nice of you to think that way, though." Zayn said.

"Focus on what's happening right now and just stop worrying about everything else. Focus on this moment. You and me." Zayn said, stepping up and taking Harry into his arms.

"Okay?" He asked softly, looking into his eyes.

Harry nodded, holding his stare and calming down as he looked into Zayn's beautiful eyes.

"Hey, remember when you wouldn't let me put makeup on you?" Harry asked, staring at Zayn's lips now.

"Yes." Zayn answered slowly, feeling Harry's hands start to wander.

"Why won't you let me? You know I'm good at it, let me do it." Harry insisted, rubbing his hands up and down Zayn's back.

"No, that's your thing. I don't like it." Zayn shook his head.

"But it would look-"

"No."

"I mean I could just do your-"

"No, Harry." Zayn chuckled. "Over my dead body."

Harry chuckled, hiding the fact that he'd just gotten an idea.

x
x
x

That evening when they finally got home, Louis and Liam were there and dressed to leave.