You Don't Want To Know

Later that day Niall came home, not even bothering to go to his bedroom.

He flopped across the couch, which was exactly how Harry found him moments later.

Niall heard his footsteps, lifting his head to glance at him before laying back down.

"Hey." Harry said, sitting on the arm of the couch. "What's up?"

Niall frowned at him. "Where's Zayn?"

"Um, in my room. Why?" Harry asked.

"You're usually with him. Now you're here talking to me. It's been a while." Niall said.

Harry swallowed. "I'm sorry if-"

"No, don't apologize. It's not even like that." Niall said casually. "Just an observation, it doesn't bother me."

"Well something does." Harry dared to say.

"What was wrong this morning? Did what Louis was saying bother you?"

"Yeah." Niall answered without hesitation.

Harry licked his lips. "Well...I can understand why it would but-"

"Not because he's gay." Niall droned.

Harry decided to keep his mouth shut, watching him.

"I'm just..." He trailed off, swallowing. "I'm not talking about it. It's stupid." He decided, sitting up and shaking his head.

"But-"

"No."

Harry nodded, sighing.

The two sat in silence, and Harry glanced back towards his bedroom wondering what Zayn was doing.

He was tempted to go to him, but something told him to stay until Niall got up and went to his room.

Just in case he decided to talk about what was bothering him.

Harry felt guilty, and he wanted to help Niall.

So, he chose to stay put.

Meanwhile Zayn sat on the end of Harry's bed, his thumb hovering over the call icon.

He wasn't sure why he was hesitant, but he eventually forced himself to call her.

She answered just when he was sure she wouldn't.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I- um, you weren't in class today and I was just calling to make sure you're okay and to...talk to you." Zayn said.

"Breaking the rules for me? How nice." She said.

"I'm not breaking any rules. Harry and I are past that. We're more mature now." Zayn said.

"Really? That's great, Zayn. That's healthy, I'm happy for you." Alex said.

Zayn smiled. "Yeah, me too."

"I'm also happy you called. I was feeling pretty abandoned."

"Why?" He asked.

"Well...nobody else called to check up on me. I sent my mom a text and she hasn't even called. I've caught some form of a slow death."

Zayn made a face. "That bad?"

"Probably not, I'm kind of dramatic." She said.

"I noticed." Zayn chuckled.

"Yeah I...I'm sorry about everything that happened that night. Everything I said, and did. Believe me I wish it had never happened."

"We can pretend it didn't." Zayn suggested.