Communication

Zayn was sitting on the couch for maybe five minutes before there was knocking at the door again.

He flinched at the sound, glancing around to make sure everything was in place, tensing up when he saw Alex's jacket on the floor.

Zayn was frozen for a few seconds, internally panicking.

He scooped it up and rushed into the kitchen, tossing it into the cabinet under the kitchen sink.

Harry, who was about to burst with excitement, knocked again even faster.

He and Nicole had been eating nothing but candy for the last hour, so Harry was wide awake and craving nothing but Zayn.

Plus they'd had a few drinks, which made Harry want Zayn even more for some reason.

Harry also couldn't wait to show Zayn what Nicole did to his nails.

"Hey babe." Zayn smiled as he opened the door.

"Hey." Harry grinned, setting his bag down and stepping inside, kissing him.

Zayn hugged him tightly, beyond glad he was here. "You taste like Skittles and alcohol." Zayn chuckled.

Harry smiled and buried his face in Zayn's neck, expecting to breathe in the smell of his cologne.

But he didn't.

Zayn smelled like perfume.

"Your nails are so pink and sparkly." Zayn commented when he let Harry go, holding his hands to get a better look.

"I like them, they look really good on you." Zayn said, knowing Harry loved all things sparkly.

Harry didn't say a word, staring at Zayn.

Eventually Zayn looked up, his smile fading. "What's wrong?"

"Why do you smell like perfume?" He asked, pulling his hands out of Zayn's.

"Oh, I uh...um," Zayn panicked, trying to figure out how to explain what happened without making Harry angry.

He was so nervous about it, which he knew made him look guilty.

"Zayn." Harry said, his tone beginning to change.

"No it's, it's nothing bad I promise. Okay? Do you believe me?" Zayn asked cautiously.

"Not until you tell me why you smell like..." Harry trailed off, wondering why that perfume smelled so familiar.

"Listen," Zayn began, guiding him over to the couch and sitting with him.

"Alex came over, and-"

"What the hell?" Harry immediately yelled, standing up.

"Calm down and let me explain! Please, Harry just sit-"

"Why do you smell like her? There's no reasonable explanation for you to be smelling like her unless she was on you, which she had no reason to be!" He snapped.

"And why the fuck was she over here after I-"

"Just let me explain!" Zayn said loudly, trying to stay calm.

"Fine." Harry said sitting back down and folding his arms, staring so hard at Zayn he was close to burning into him.

"She showed up here completely drunk, okay? She was falling all over the place, I had to help her up to get her downstairs into a cab. That's why I smell like her." Zayn said.

Harry shook his head. "But why was she even over here?"

Zayn swallowed. "She...came because she wanted to apologize for how she acted pretty much." He said, deciding to leave out the rest because of how irritated Harry already was.