Drunken Homophobia

Hello all, meet Charlie, played by Charlie Matthews.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Harry filled out and turned in his application on Saturday, receiving a phone call on Sunday saying he got the job.

He was so excited he told everyone. He felt so lucky.

He even called his mother to tell her, and of course she went on about how proud she was.

On Monday after his morning class, he rushed home to shower and get ready.

He got to the diner about five minutes early, deciding to go in anyway in hopes of appearing to be an overachiever.

"Hey Harry, come on back into the kitchen." Jackie smiled at him when he came in.

She, according to the waitress Harry spoke to on Saturday, was the one in charge.

"This is Charlie, he'll be training you today." She introduced.

"I'm glad you're here. Now I don't have to cook and plate everything up by myself." Charlie smiled, extending a large hand.

Harry smiled a little, shaking his hand nervously.

"Did you clock in?" Jackie asked Harry.

"Um, no." Harry said, sounding unsure.

"I'll show him where to clock in." Charlie offered.

"Great." Jackie nodded before giving Harry's shoulder a pat and leaving.

Charlie nodded for Harry to follow him through the kitchen into a back room where the time clock was.

"After you clock in grab an apron from the bin near the side door and a hairnet from the shelf." Charlie said, walking back into the kitchen.

Harry clocked in, taking a deep breath and telling himself it was stupid for him to be this nervous.

How hard could this job be?

Charlie seemed nice, the atmosphere was calm and seemed safe.

"Hopefully I can give you a quick tour before I'm needed again. I guess today you'll do a lot of watching and learning rather than working so don't stress okay?" Charlie asked as Harry put on his apron.

Harry looked at him, fearing Charlie could tell he was nervous.

It wasn't obvious, was it?

"Okay." He managed to respond.

Charlie offered him a smile, and Harry forced one in return.