Smoking Buddy

On Thursday morning after their classes, Harry made sure he accidentally ran into Zayn.

"How was your class?" He asked, feeling oddly bold this morning.

Maybe because he had two bananas rather than one.

Zayn sighed. "It was okay."

"I'm not sure if I'm going to end up passing it, honestly. It's really complicated. How was yours?" Zayn asked.

"Fine. Just a normal class." Harry shrugged.

"You're wearing your hair up." Zayn observed quietly.

"Thanks for the daily report." Harry teased.

"Why are you wearing it up?" Zayn chuckled as they began to walk together.

"It was too frizzy this morning." Harry said.

"Yeah it does feel kind of humid out here. An uncomfortably cold humid." Zayn said, making a face.

"I agree." Harry said softly, adjusting his scarf.

Zayn cleared his throat. "So want to go somewhere and get warm?"

Harry looked at him, his cheeks flushed in seconds.

"Um, like where?" He asked, making himself look away before Zayn's eyes caused him to run into something.

"Wherever we can be alone." Zayn said, not realizing how that sounded until after he spoke.

"I mean- you know, nowhere public I guess. Nowhere we'd have to drive to." Zayn elaborated.

"Particularly somewhere we could smoke." He added with a smile.

"Oh no, not again." Harry chuckled.

"You don't want to? I need a smoking buddy. Liam used to be but they test them all the time now." Zayn said.

"Smoking buddy?" Harry repeated.

"Yeah." Zayn smiled. "C'mon." He added, staring at him.

Harry barely glanced before looking away and blushing.

"Fine, sure." He said quietly.

"If you really don't want to we don't have to. I can do it alone." Zayn said, not wanting to pressure him.

"No, I'm okay with it. Coughing out my lungs does help warm me up." Harry said, making Zayn laugh.

"Yeah it'll warm you up. If I'm not mistaken Liam doesn't have a class this morning so he'll be home. Is your place free?" Zayn asked.

"No. We'd be better off at yours, Lou and Niall are really nosy. If either of them smelled it they wouldn't leave us alone." Harry said.

"My place it is." Zayn said, leading Harry to his car.

When they got to the apartment, Liam was nowhere to be found.

"He left a note." Zayn said, picking it up from the coffee table.

"God, his writing is awful." He muttered as he attempted to read it.

"I think it says he's gone to...I can't read the name. But, the point is he's gone." Zayn said, balling the note up.

"Make yourself at home." He added, walking off down the hall.

Harry slowly walked over and sat on the couch, his knees together and his hands placed neatly in his lap.

Zayn returned with an ashtray, a joint, and a lighter.

"Before we start, I want to apologize in advance if I get a little silly." Harry smiled, daring to look at him.