Dress Code

Harry's shift raced by, the conversation between himself, Nicole, and Charlie being the main reason why.

Everything went very smoothly, leaving the three of them in pleasant moods by the end of their shifts.

"My roommates and I are having a girls night tonight, do you want to join us? I've told them about you and they want to meet you." Nicole mentioned while she and Harry removed their aprons.

Harry smiled, looking down at the floor. "Um, that does sound fun but, Zayn's waiting for me."

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Tell him I said he needs to drink more. The hangovers won't be so bad the more used to it you get." Nicole said, texting someone as she spoke to him.

As if she could hear his thought the very second it came into his head, Nicole looked at him next.

"Hey, did Niall say anything about me? Did he not like me?"

Harry's heart dropped, and he immediately avoided her eyes.

How was he supposed to respond?

Nicole stared, just waiting.

Harry cleared his throat. "He um, he didn't say much. It's only been a day. I don't really know...how he feels."

Nicole faked a smile, shaking her head and looking at the floor. "So no, he didn't like me."

"He said you were cute." Harry blurted out, wanting to say at least one positive thing.

Nicole rolled her eyes. "Yeah that's what I get all the time. I'm trying to get a little more than a compliment."

"I know, and I'm sorry. I don't know what his problem is." Harry finally looked at her.

"You don't have to be sorry, Harry. Not everyone in life will like you, that's just how things go." She shrugged a second time.

"I just wish things would've developed between you two. I was looking forward to that." Harry admitted.

"You were? Why?" Nicole smiled genuinely.

"I don't know, you're both my friends. I just figured it would be entertaining, plus I wanted you both to be happy."

"Well, I appreciate it but I make myself happy. I am happy." Nicole assured him.

"I'm glad." He smiled. "If you ever need me as a wingman again just let me know."

"Of course, I mean things worked out so well this time." Nicole said, staring at him.

Harry's smile faded, and the expression on his face made Nicole start laughing.

"I was joking! You look like I just broke your soul in half. Lighten up." She said, giving him a playful push.

Harry chuckled, looking down at their feet.

Nicole opened her mouth to say more, pausing as her phone started ringing.

"Oh, it's my roommate. The smarter one. Listen, don't worry about the Niall thing okay? I promise I'm fine. I'll see you soon." She said to Harry as she lifted her phone to her ear and walked out of the kitchen.