Smelly Pasta

"For some reason I figured your cooking would be shit but this is great." Niall said to Liam and Louis.

"Thanks." Liam said before Louis could tear into Niall.

"This is weird." Harry said after a while of silence.

He and Zayn hadn't intended on staying, but here they were at the table with everyone else.

"How?" Louis asked him.

"We're all here. It's like we all live here or something." Harry said.

Usually breakfast was him by the counter eating a banana, Niall wandering around the house eating leftovers or a bag of chips, and Louis still in bed because he was never up on time.

This felt like some sort of family breakfast.

"Might as well, we're over here all the time anyway." Liam chuckled.

Louis raised an eyebrow. "How about it?"

"How about what?" Niall asked, obviously already not okay with Louis' idea.

"Why don't you two move in with us?" Louis asked, looking at Liam and Zayn.

"No." Niall answered for them.

"Yeah I was just joking." Liam said, looking at Louis.

"But why? It'd be fun. You'd save gas, we'd have more money for the bills around here, you'd always be here when I needed you." Louis explained.

"I don't think we're there yet." Liam chuckled uncomfortably.

"What do you mean?" Louis frowned.

"Let's talk about something else." Liam suggested, trying to push down the massive amount of tension forming.

"No, what do you mean we're not there yet? Where's there to be? I'm just saying it'd be cool if you lived with me. I like having you around." Louis said, never one to let anything go.

"Then I'll visit. I don't want to live with you." Liam said.

Louis stared for a moment longer before he blinked and began to nod. "Yeah you're right that probably would be a disaster given the fact that we're just messing around. I wouldn't want you here when I bring someone else home."

Zayn and Harry looked at each other, their eyes a bit wider than normal.

Niall just kept eating, pretending he wasn't listening.

"Exactly, same here." Liam said, stopping now and looking at him. "I wouldn't want to have to hear your mouth if I wanted to try another guy."

Louis laughed rather loudly. "Okay, sure. You go ahead and try another guy."

"Okay." Liam said casually, still eating.

Louis glared at him, and nobody else spoke for a while.

"Well I'd love to live with you, but I can't leave my fragile roommate alone." Zayn said to Harry.

"Fragile?" Liam chuckled.

Zayn shrugged, smiling.

"It's okay, I need what privacy I can get." Harry said.

"Why? What other big secret could you possibly have?" Niall asked.

"None. Why do I have to be hiding something? I just like privacy." Harry said to him.

"Okay." Niall said skeptically.

Harry started to give him a look, but Zayn distracted him by taking food from his plate.

"You need fuel, come on." Zayn said, trying to feed him.