Soulmates, Enemies

On Thursday morning Zayn was actually early to his language class, which he didn't really like.

He could've been smoking or with Harry right now, but here he sat waiting for the Professor and everyone else to show up.

Zayn sank down in his seat a bit, smiling as he thought about Harry.

He really wanted to surprise Harry with a special date, something nice with candles and whatnot.

Of course he wanted it to lead to sex, but still, Zayn wanted to be romantic too.

"So you're alive." Zayn heard a familiar voice say, looking up to see Alex approaching him.

He immediately sat up, feeling tense.

"Yeah." Was all he could say, knowing she was irritated.

"I've been texting you like crazy, what's been going on?" She asked, sitting next to him.

"I've um, just been really busy." Zayn lied terribly.

The truth was he deleted her contact.

"Zayn you're being weird. Tell me the truth." Alex said, not having it.

Zayn swallowed. "Look because of what happened with us Harry is uncomfortable with us being friends."

Alex frowned. "What because we kissed once when we were drunk? Why does that matter it's really not that big of a deal."

"It is to him and I love him so, what he says goes." Zayn told her.

"So just because he's insecure I have to lose my friend? No." She said, shaking her head. "We were just starting to be cool with each other again after everything. You're like my only friend, Zayn."

Zayn shrugged, avoiding her eyes.

"So...you don't even care?" Alex asked.

"I do. Why do you think I didn't say anything? I didn't want to have this conversation." Zayn admitted.

"If you care then stand up for yourself. Tell him what you want instead of it always being about what he wants." Alex said.

"You don't get it. I'm the one who screwed up and I almost lost him. I'm not doing anything like that again so...sometimes it is just about what he wants." Zayn said, looking at her now.

"You're whipped." Alex scoffed.

Zayn frowned. "I am not. I love him and respect him. If anyone here has some sort of issue, it's you."

"Oh, is it? I have an issue because I care about our friendship and want to save it? What the hell did he do to you dude?" Alex frowned back at him.

"Nothing!" Zayn snapped. "I've already explained this to you."

Alex opened her mouth but stopped herself, taking a deep breath.

"I'll talk to him after class." She said.

"I wouldn't if I were you." Zayn warned her.

"I'm not scared of him. I want to be friends with him. I want all of us to be friends and hang out. Is that too much to ask?" Alex asked with a little laugh.

"After what happened? Yes." Zayn told her.

"We'll see." Alex said, sitting back and taking her notebook out.

Zayn didn't know what to say, but he knew this wasn't going to go down smoothly.

x
x
x

After class Harry waited for Zayn by the fountain, spotting Louis walking by looking flustered to say the least.