Chapter 10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Oliver~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw her standing at a corner of the street beside a street lamp. She looked frustrated. I went near her patted her back and said, "Would you care to explain what you just did?"

"Really Oliver, you want me to explain what I did? Don't you remember what YOU did there?" She said stressing over the word 'you' poking my chest hard with her index finger.

"Yes I do remember Miss Ryan that I saved you from embarrassment there. If I would not have come to your rescue on time, then they would have happily thrown you out of the showroom."

"I wouldn't have been in that situation in the first place if you wouldn't have asked me to accompany you to buy that stupid ring for your stupid fiance. And by the way why did you tell them that I am your fiance?" She was making me mad. She has never raised her voice in front of me. This was unusual and disturbing. I can't handle her temper.

"I wanted them to give you as much respect as they give me", I said.

"Why? So, you are saying that I can't have a respect of my own and to gain some respect I need your name. I am sorry Mr. Taylor but I really don't appreciate this fact. I don't need fake respect from such fake people. In my world respect for a person has nothing to do with the amount of money he or she is carrying in their wallet."

"What is your problem Miss Ryan? So you came out from there because you felt offended just because I called you my fiance. Does your association with my name bothers you that much?" I was hurt with what she just said.

"No, it was not that. I am upset because you took that lady's job for just a small mistake. You have no sensitivity towards the poor. I mean for you it's nothing, but for her this job would have meant everything. Who knows how many dependents she has, or she might have some financial debts or some sick relative. You didn't think once before taking the lady's bread and butter. How could you? She was begging for forgiveness. And I feel equally responsible. I shouldn't have exaggerated the matter. Afterall she had apologized. Please could you ask the manager to just forget everything and pardon the lady."

Oh my sweetheart! Now you have made me fall in love with you once again. Only you can be so sensitive and kind. That lady misbehaved with you and you are still thinking about her. I love you Sam.

She brought down all my anger with her sweet confession. She made her respect and love more. Making even harder for me to stay away from her. I wanted to give her a tight squeezy hug and kiss her.

"Will you do it Mr. Taylor? Sir?", I was still lost in my daydream when she asked again.

"Er... Yes Miss Ryan...er... Sam.. Samantha. I will do that", I manage to spill some words out of my mouth. Stammering like an idiot.

"Thank you Sir. And I am sorry, I shouldn't have shouted at you."

"No, no Samantha it was my fault. You are right I should have been more sensitive."

"And no Sir. It's Oliver remember".

"Yes, er.. Oliver".

Finally that sunshine smile was back on her beautiful face.

I held her hand and said, "Now shall we go for the shopping?"

She nodded in affirmation with a smiling face. She was less nervous this time holding my hand so I kept holding it as we entered the showroom again.

"Mr. Taylor, Ma'am I am really sorry. We have done as you said. Ma'am please come inside." We were greeted by a very nervous Mr. McKinley as we entered the showroom.

Sam gave me a look and I signalled her to keep calm and said to McKinley, "Mr. McKinley I take my words back. I don't want you to fire the lady. Samantha has forgiven her and so no need for that".

"Thank you so much Sir, thank you ma'am", the lady who was sitting at the corner bench came towards us. She had tears in her eyes and was trembling. Poor woman.

Sam moved forward and hugged that lady and said, " I am sorry, I shouldn't​ have over reacted. You were just doing your job."

"Well Ma'am I failed in doing my job properly as I couldn't realise that you are Mr. Taylor's fiance", she said.

Sam didn't say anything but just gave me a sad look.

She was right. What was I thinking. She doesn't need my name or status to gain respect. In fact what she just did made me feel too small in front of her. I am ashamed of myself.

"Samantha, shall we go upstairs?", I said to change the subject.

"Yes sure Oliver", she said with a smile holding back my arm.

The staff was showing so many different rings with diamonds, rubies, sapphire, emerald stuffs but Samantha didn't seem interested in any of it. She was just looking at the rings with disinterest.

"Sam, don't you like any of these?", I asked.

"Hmmm. I don't know, I mean they are all beautiful but still they lack something", she said.

I seriously don't know what she was looking for!

We had already been looking for the best ring since last one hour. The staff has started loosing her patience too.

"Ma'am can you be a little more specific about what exactly are you looking for in the ring?" She asked.

"See, I don't want just any other expensive ring with diamonds stuck all over it. It could be a simple ring but should reflect love", she said waving her hands in air trying hard to convey the message clear to the staff.

Then she went back to get another box of rings as Sam turned towards me. I was enjoying every bit of this moment.

"I am sorry Sir. This is taking too much time. Why don't you choose the ring yourself?", She asked.

"Who me? I am sorry ma'am were you talking to me?", I said teasingly.

"Oliver!", She said smiling and widening her eyes giving me a fake anger expression and then rolled her eyes.

The lady came back with another box. As soon as she opened the box Sam yelled with excitement ," Yes, finally".

She picked up a ring from the box and handed it to me. "How is it? Beautiful isn't it?".

It was a platinum ring with a small ruby heart studded in the centre and few small flowers etched on the ring with red ruby centers. It was a simple yet elegant design. Beautiful just like Sam.

"It's beautiful", I said with a smile

"It's beautiful", I said with a smile. I moved forward held Sam's hand and slipped the ring in her ring finger.

"Oliver, what, why did you put the ring on my finger. You are not supposed to put it on anyone else's finger other than your fiance.", She said pulling the ring out and handing it back to me.

"I just wanted to check the size", I lied. I purposely put it in her finger. I couldn't resist. I want her to wear it today and always.

Kindly show your support by clicking on the star button on the left corner if you liked what you read. Thank you :)