Chapter 13

~~~~~~~~~~Samantha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't see Oliver leave after what happened just few minutes before. I really don't understand what was this all about. His behavior and mood swings gives me headache. One moment we had such nice conversations, having lunch together. But then he asked me such weird questions about me and Ben.

He literally asked me if Ben was my boyfriend. Why? Then again he dropped me home in such a good mood. He even tried to be extra protective when that guy was rubbing his filthy shoulder on mine. He came inside my house and was leaving in a good mood, but I don't know what made him so mad after Ben came. I saw anger and hatred in his eyes. He again called Ben my boyfriend, as if he didn't believe my words. But why? Why was he so bothered? Why did this matter to him? Was he jealous of Ben? It certainly felt so. But he is getting engaged, then why would he be jealous of Ben or any of my male friend. Could this be because he likes me too, the way I like him.

But he talked to me so rudely. He reminded me to call him 'Sir', and said he is going to pick Julianne up tomorrow at the airport. The thought of his rude tone, hateful eyes and unfriendly gesture made me teary. And few drops of tears fell from my eyes on the ground.

"Hey Sammy, what happened? Are you crying?" Ben turned my face towards him holding my chin up to see my face.

I couldn't hold back anymore and I hugged him tightly and started sobbing silently.

"Hey Beautiful, you are making me nervous now. Stop it. Don't cry please." He said and moved me out of the corridor back into my house. He made me sit on the sofa, brought a cup of water, handed it to me and sat down on the floor in front of me."

I took a few sips from the glass and handed it back to him.

"So, do you want to talk about it?" He asked placing the glass on the side table.

"It's Oliver, my boss. His behaviour is so confusing. I don't know what happened. He was fine a few minutes before but then he stormed out for I don't know what reason."

"Well, did he scold you or something?"

"No."

"Then?"

"He accused me that....", I didn't want Ben to know what Oliver thought of us so I just stopped myself from speaking further.

"Well let's leave the topic here. I'll sort it out tomorrow with him. Let's search your T shirt for now", I said standing up.

"That's better. Anyways I was not interested in knowing more about your rude boss. But mind you, if I ever saw you crying again because of your boss, I swear, he'll lose all his teeth that day", he said cocking his head on one side.

I couldn't resist myself from smiling.

"Hmmm, that's better", he said.

That is why he is my best friend. He just knows how to make me smile in any situation.

************************************

I couldn't sleep at the night as Oliver's angry face kept haunting my thoughts the whole night.

I finally fell asleep at five in the morning after my mind and body lost all the energy from over analysis.

My sleep was broken after the sunlight strated hitting straight on my face and warming my room up. I wake up rubbing my eyes. I reached for my cell phone to see the time. It was 1:30 pm. I fell back on the bed lazily and jumped out of my bed screaming the next second. I rechecked the time. It was actually 1:30. I overslept. Damn!