Chapter 27

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ben~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pain of letting her go was killing me from inside. I couldn't move as I saw her slipping away from me and move out of my room. I wanted to stop her, tell her how much I love her. I could even beg her to stay but all of it would no meaning until she doesnt realise that she loves me too. I know she does. Hell! I know she loves me too.

"Benny! Baby are you alright?", Grandma said entering my room. She placed the tray on a side and came near me.

"Yes, granny I am fine. I am sorry, she ...er... Some urgent work came up, so she had to leave", I said rubbing the back of my head.

Grandma held my hands and said, "come sit", and I stood in front of her as she sat on the bed. "Benny, you don't need to lie to me. I am sorry, but I heard your conversation."

To know that she knows opened up my heart and I cried like a baby with my head buried in her lap. She didn't say anything but kept stroking my hair.

"Grandma I have to go", I said standing up, ready to leave.

She clearly didn't want me to leave so soon, but being the caring grandma she is, she said, " Ok Benny. But please take care of yourself. Don't do anything stupid."

"I won't grandma", I said and kissed her goodbye.

                  ***************

I checked my phone once again, no call or message from her. Forget about her Ben, she doesn't care about you.
I was so heartbroken that I could feel my heart burning. This pain was new to me. I didn't even realised how and when I started loving her so much. I hardly know her. You are stupid Ben. Stupid!

Beep beep.. beep beep..

My phone's sound brought me out of my thoughts. It was Sam.

"Hello"

"Hi Ben, where are you? I need to meet you."

"I wanted to see you too. Where have you been Sam? Your room has been locked from past three days."

"I know. I am sorry I couldn't tell you when I left. Anyway let's meet. I'll tell you everything."

"Will your obnoxious boyfriend will be with you?"

"My what?"

"Sam, I know you are seeing your boss. And I really don't have any problem with that. But I don't want to meet you in his presence."

"Er... How do you?... I .. mean who told you?"

"That's not important. Anyway, tell me where and when are you meeting me?"

"Er.. I am coming home in one hour. So, we can meet then."

"Alright. I am waiting", I said and cut the call. I knew that I was being a bit rude to Sam. It was not her fault. I was heartbroken because of me. But her boyfriend reminded me of the first time I saw Julianne. She was with him and I could see that he was not nice with her. I can't see my girl upset and he made her very upset that day.

............

"Ben, I told you I am sorry. But please tell me how you got to know about us?" Sam was still thinking that I was upset because she didn't tell me about her and Oliver.

"You are my best friend Sam. Atleast that is what I thought. You think if you won't tell me something so important about you, I won't come to know!"

"No, but...", Ok let it be. "But there is more to the story. Actually, er... I have moved in with Oliver."

"What? Are you crazy? Don't you think you are being a little rushed?"