Chapter 44

~~~~~~~~~~~~Julianne~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have done my part. Now it's up to you to take things further in the right direction. And this time I don't want any mistakes. Do you get it Julie?" My father had the ability to make me shiver with fear from the other side of the phone too.

"Yes dad I understand. I'll try my best", I said shifting on my chair.

"Stupid girl, I don't want you to try. I want you to take action. I have taken that secretary out Oliver's life. Now do I have to teach you how to seduce him as well?" He shouted.

Even after so many years it's hard to understand how can someone's own father be so heartless towards his own child. "Yes dad I'll do as you said".

"Good girl. Now I just have one more thing left to do. It will be done soon too. I am leaving, but just so you know, I have my eyes on you, so don't you dare disappoint me again."

"I won't dad".

"Good girl. Daddy loves you. Bye darling", he said and hung up without listening to my goodbyes. With a deep sigh I put my phone back in my bag and came out of the hotel. Just then a strong hand gripped my wrist pulling me along and I tripped into the arms of that person.

"Ben! What are you doing, leave me", I said composing myself, but he dragged me further into a corner.
"Don't you dare move from here", he said pinning me on the wall behind me.

I looked up into his eyes, he had anger in his eyes. His eyes were red and his body was shaking with anger. I got a little scared and worried for him at the same time.

"Wh.... What do you want?", I asked in trembling voice.

"Truth", he ranted clenching his jaw.

"What truth?"

"Don't play with me Julianne. I am warning you. Your stinky sidekick has told me everything", he said.

"I... I don't know what you are talking about", I said looking away from his trail of sight.

He punched his hand hard on the wall inches away from my face and I stopped breathing for few seconds. "You know what Julianne, I had so many facts in front me to convince me that you were not a genuine person, but I was so blinded by the love for you that I refused to believe any of it for such a long time. Everytime I looked for a reason behind your action. But now I know I was wrong. I was so wrong. You really are a bitch you know", he screamed on my face.

"Ben!" I couldn't take this sudden rejection from him.

"What happened now? You don't like it do you? I opened my heart in front of you and you stabbed right in the centre. Right here", he said placing my hand over his heart.

"Why Julianne? Is money so important to you? So important that you are refusing to listen to your own heart. That you went to an extent to conspire against Sam." I looked up with questions in my eyes.

"Yes, Justin told everything. I have recorded his confession, so now your game is over for once and all. And irony of the situation is that now you have lost both money and love", he said moving few steps back from me.

"Ben, I...I had no choice", I was trying to explain him but the next moment he came forward grabbingy arms and shaking me he screamed, "shut up Julianne. Just shut up now. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you", he said and pushed me back and turned around ready to leave.

I ran after him as I saw him walking away from me, "Ben please listen. Stop please", I pleaded, but he was not in a mood to listen.

I ran after to catch him, but just then a loud screech of a skiding vehicle caught my attention. A black SUV stopped in front of us, and the window  slid down a few inches the nozzle of a gun peeking out of it. Before anyone could understand the gravity of the situation, the masked man fired thrice hitting Ben in the chest and within seconds it was all over. I rushed and caught falling Ben into my arms. "Ben, Ben please keep breathing. Oh my god! What should I do? Help somebody please help him", I screamed looking around at the crowd gathered around us.

I looked back at him, he had blood all over him. He was trying to say something but was failing at it. I leaned over and kissed his forehead and said, "Ben, sweetheart please stay with me. I am getting some help", I said and grabbing my phone dialled the emergency ambulance service.

***************
Every minute appeared like an hour sitting outside the operation theatre praying for him. I had never been so vulnerable, so anxious in my life. Thought of losing him couldn't let me think straight. I was continuously in tears and cursing myself for hurting him so much. If only I would have told him once that I have the same feelings for him as he had for me. That I love him from the bottom of my heart. That everytime I broke his heart it was me who suffered the most. That it was so hard for me to not fall in love with him. I was still in my deep thoughts when I got a call from dad. He was the last person I wanted to talk to right now, but I knew if I didn't pick it he would make my life hell.

Taking a deep breath I picked up.
"Hello daddy".

"Hello sweetheart, I have some good news for you", he said excitement clear in his voice.

"What is it dad?"

"That broker, who spoiled our plans, who told about the discrepancy in our financial statements to Oliver, that has been taken care of", he said.

My mind started racing after hearing this. "What do you mean dad?"

"I hired a shooter to kill him and he just called to confirm that the job has been done".

"I can never imagine another bastard of a person like you. You are the most evil, filthy raoch I have ever seen in my life", I screamed in pain.

"Mind your language girl. Are you out of your mind?"

"I was out my senses for so long Mr. Tucker, but now for the first time in my life I am in my sound mental health and for the first time I am speaking what I wanted to tell you all my life".

"You are going to pay for this", he threatened.

"Try me!", I challenged back and before he could open his gutter for a mouth to say another word I cut the call. I have never felt so light in a long time.

But then once again Ben's thought engrossed me. I looked over the operation theatre's door which was still closed. I looked at my clothes which were soaked in his blood and fresh drop of tears started trickling down my cheeks with this new realization that it was me who was responsible for his condition.

***********

"I.... I am really sorry Sam for what I did. I am an evil person. I promise I'll make everything right. I'll tell Oliver that it was me behind the theft", I said crying in my own guilt.

"Calm down Julianne, you have suffered enough. I know you are so much in pain right now because of Ben's condition", she said placing her hand on mine.

I looked at her face and said, "I can't believe it. How can you be so forgiving. You really have a golden heart Sam. I can't tell you how sorry I am".

Patting my hand lightly she said, "don't stress yourself Julianne. You have realised your mistake. Nothing else matters. Now we should just think about Ben".

I nodded in agreement. "I don't know if he would ever forgive me", I said.

"He loves you Julianne. And I am sure you gave him enough hope to fight for his life at the moment", she said and her eyes became blurred.

I realised how wrong I was all this time about everything and everybody. I had everything and I lost it with my own hands. 

################################

Hi readers, I am extremely sorry for a late update. I had a bit of an accident on my wattpad, as I failed to save the chapter which I had written and the next day when I checked it, it was all lost. So, I had to write everything again.

Please give your views on this chapter. How was it?

What do you think will be Oliver's reaction after knowing the truth?