Chapter 42

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Oliver~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as Sam left my cabin I realised what had I done. Although all the proves were in front of my eyes, but my heart was still refusing to believe my eyes. I could feel a war going on inside me, between my mind and my heart and my heart was winning it. I felt heartache with the harsh words I used when she was here.

I immediately came out to stop her from leaving, but till then she had gone. Feeling defeated I returned back to my cabin. I closed my eyes trying to analyse what happened few minutes back. Her words 'you don't deserve me, you don't deserve my love' echoing in my mind. She was so confident, even when hurt. And then I started doubting my decision. Could she be telling the truth. My mind wanted to hear a 'yes' for this question. Just then I got a call on my cell. Picking up my phone from my desk I looked at the screen, it was Claire. Sighing I clicked the recieve button.

"Hello big brother, how are you?"

"I am good. How are you?", I tried to sound as normal as I could.

"I am delighted and super excited to see you and mom".

"Oh good".

"Just good. Wouldn't you ask the reason for my excitement?"

"Oh sorry what is it?"

"Ollie, you don't sound very well. Is everything alright? How is Sam?" Nothing hides from my little sister.

"Nothing Claire, all is well", I said.

"You are lying. Something is not right. I am calling Sam", she said.

"No Claire. Please don't call Sam. I'll tell everything once you'll be back. Oh I am sorry I forgot. How did your ice skating competition go?"

"I won it. I wanted to tell you first."

"Oh really Claire. Good job little sis. Lots of kisses from me."

"Thanks Ollie. I am coming home day after tomorrow. We'll discuss everything then. Till then don't take any rash decision. I know you can't think straight when you get mad. I don't know what happened really, but just take care of Sam. She deserves your love and care. Ok big brother, now you take care. Bye. Love you".

"Love you too Sis. You too take care. Bye!" I said before hanging up.

                     **************

I came back home late at around 9 o'clock in the night. There was no excitement to reach home. No motivation. No one was waiting for me. Taking my overcoat in my hand I came out of the elevator but was shocked to see Sam sleeping in front of my door, resting her head on her backpack which was lying on the ground. I came closer leaning over her. She had trails of dried tears all over her face. Her eyebrows were still wrinkled up. This reminded me of the day when I stayed with her in the hospital when her mom was ill. She had been so sound asleep then. But today it felt as if she was having a nightmare. At that moment I felt really weak. I cursed myself for hurting her so bad. Placing my hands on her forehead I stroked her cheek with my thumb and she opened her eyes startled.

"Relax, it me Oliver. You had fell asleep", I said moving a little away from her.

Standing up brushing her hair back with her fingers she said, "I came here to collect my things".

"Why were you waiting outside? You could have gone inside, you know the...", And then I remembered that I changed my password after I heard of the theft of the designs just to be extra precaucious and forgot to tell Sam.

"Oh, sorry I forgot to tell you the new password", I said entering the password to open the door. She turned her face to the other side avoiding watching me enter it.

Coughing my throat I said, "it's open. You can come inside".

She turned around and entered the house and without speaking a word to me went straight ahead to her room 'Her room'. Suddenly everything had started feeling a bit nostalgic to me, causing a pain in my already broken heart.

I followed her in the room. She collected her documents from the drawer. Then she opened her closet. There hung all the clothes I bought for her recently. But without touching any of those clothes, she picked up her old clothes, and filled it in her bag. Then she came out of the room, ignoring my presence completely.

"Sorry for bothering you so late. But I some important documents to collect", she said moving towards the front door. But before she could move out I grabbed her by her wrist resisting her movement. I moved closer to her and took her into my arms. Gosh, I missed her!

"Don't go Sam. Please", I whispered in her ears.

She pushed me away with force and screamed, "how dare you? Who do you think you are? Whenever you'll wish, you'll throw me out of your life, and whenever you want, you'll take me back. Is that what you think Mr. Taylor? Well I am sorry to disappoint you Sir, but I might be not rich, but I am not ready to be your own personal toy for the money you have, which you are too proud of".

I had never in my life seen her so mad at anyone. Never did she screamed like this. Never had she uttered so hurtful words ever. Those words broke me from inside. My whole world seemed crashing down in front of my eyes.

"Sam, I don't care if you stole those designs. It doesn't matter. I love you. Just don't leave me. I won't ever ask you anything.", I begged to her.

She gave me a look so hateful that I could hear my heart breaking into pieces and without saying a word left out of my house leaving me lying there heartbroken and defeated.

################################

Hi readers, sorry for a shorter chapter, but it felt right to end the chapter at this point. Will be updating the next chapter sooner.

Keep reading and voting. Also please comment, as your comments make my day everytime I read them.

Happy reading 😘😘😘😘