Chapter 19

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Oliver~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw Sam move back inside the hotel. Although things didn't go as planned but I was happy. Sam loves me too, what more could I ask for. But certainly Julianne shouldn't have seen all this. Before we could go inside I stopped Julianne and spoke looking into her eyes, " Julianne, I am so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I was confused and I couldn't say no to Mom when she asked me to marry you, but the truth is that I love Samantha".

"You should have told me. Anyway what are you planning to say to your Mom now?" Her tone was still harsh, but I couldn't complain. I deserved it.

"Honestly, I don't know. I'll have to tell her the truth."

"Better. So, are we going to meet your parents tomorrow?"

Between all this, I had forgotten that I was supposed to go at my parents place with her tomorrow. Thought of confronting my Mom brought down chills to my body. "Yes, we are still going. I'll pick you up at 10 in the morning."

"Okay, let's go inside and finish our food. I don't want them to think that we left without paying", she said smiling at me.

This was the first time I liked her. She took everything so calmly. I guess, I was too negative towards her, probably coz of all this marriage thing. But now since that was not there I was more comfortable with her.

We moved back into the restaurant. I gave a glance to Sam's table. She was laughing and Ben was making faces. I was not sure what did she tell Ben but I hope he knows that me and Sam are together now.

                          *********

I spent the night thinking about all the possible reactions which I would be getting from Mom when I'll tell her about me and Sam. My mom would not accept Sam as her daughter in law so easily and convincing her will be the most difficult task.

Julianne was very quiet throughout our way to my parents place. I wanted to make her comfortable but the guilt of breaking her heart kept me from speaking. Finally that awkwardness was over when we reached my parents home. Well if I could really say so.

The doorman opened the door for us to let us in. As we entered, I saw dad sitting on the couch, his eyes fixed on his cellphone screen. I coughed purposefully to make him aware of our presence.

"Oh son you came. I am sorry I didn't notice", he said putting his spects down as he stood up.

"Julianne dear, look at you. You look marvelous. My son is a lucky guy, I must say", he said as he hugged her winking at me. This is going to be tough Oliver!

"Thank you so much uncle. I am so glad to see you. Where is Aunt Rose?", She replied glancing upstairs looking for my mom.

"I am here dear. I am so sorry, I had to take a conference call. Work you know!", Mom said as she entered the living room and hugged Julianne.

"Oliver, sweety I am glad you came", she said giving a small peck on my cheek. I could just give a halfhearted smile in return.

"Come on Julianne dear, I'll give you a tour to the house, till then you guys can have your little father son talk", she said patting Julianne's back. Julianne just gave a nervous glance towards me but before I could reply in anyway mom had already taken her away.

As soon as I saw them disappear I turned towards Dad for my rescue, "Dad, I have to tell you something".

"I know what you are going to say", he sat back on the couch putting his spects on.

"What?", That was more of a question what than a surprise what.

"Yeah, that you don't want to marry Julianne".

His reply made me dumbstruck. How the hell he knows?

"Yeah, right, but how do you know?" Does he know about Sam? Did Julianne tell him?

"Listen Son, I know you are young and you think this marriage will snatch away your freedom. I know you want to live that carefree bachelor life for some more time coz you are not ready right now. Bla bla bla... But believe me son, you will never be ready and there won't be a right time to do it until you do it. And Julianne is a lovely girl. She is beautiful, intelligent and independent. What more do you want?"

Hmmm so he doesn't know. Phewwww!

"I don't love her dad. I agree she is a nice girl and all but I don't love her."

"Well, then go on dates with her. Get to know eachother. Eventually you will fall for her I'm sure".

"No dad I won't. I mean I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?"

"I love someone else dad". It was easier to tell dad than mom.

Dad glanced at me for few seconds and then spoke, " Does she love you too?"

"Yes dad"

"Her family? Who is she?", I knew what exactly he wanted to know.

"Noone known. In fact she is my personal assistant", I replied.

"Your mom will never approve".

"I know dad, that is why I am asking you the favor. Please dad, only you can convince her."

"I am not sure Ollie. Does Julianne know"

"Yes she knows. Now she knows. Dad please help me. I really love this girl."

"I'll try Son, but I can't promise anything. You know your mom. She'll never be ready to accept a complete no one as her daughter in law", he said placing his hand on one of my shoulders.

"Of course I won't accept that. How dare you even think of convincing me for such stupidity", the harsh voice of my mom brought me back to reality.

################################

Hi guys! Thank you so much for helping me reach above 1k reads. There are so many of you who read but do not vote or comment. I would really appreciate if you would make your presence visible with your votes and comments. It means a lot to me.

Also please give me suggestions, ideas, feedback.

Thank you so much for reading guys. Love u a lot. 😘😘😘😘