Chapter 49

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Oliver~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as I entered the office, all my employees gave me a look which was a mix of surprise, pity and relief. I ignored everyone's greetings as I passed the aisle and entered straight into my cabin, followed by my over enthusiastic sister who waved a hi to almost everyone present in the office.

I sat on my seat, throwing my phone on the desk in front of me. "Jeez, bro careful", Claire said placing her bag on the side as she sat on Sam's chair.

"So, how exactly are you planning to assist me?" I asked as I logged in into my system.

"Anything you like. Just tell me what should I do", said my naive sister in reply.

I chuckled at her innocence and said, "you don't need to do anything Queeny, I'll handle things on my own".

"I can type letters, arrange files, assist you in meetings and even make coffee for you", she said in an adamant tone.

"Assist me in meetings? Really?" I asked sarcastically.

She moved back on her chair and squinting her eyes said, "so you think I can't assist you in meetings. Bro, I am planning to attend business school next year. How do you think I'll do there if can't attend a stupid meeting of yours."

"You don't have to do anything when I am here", I said trying to calm her down.

She grabbed my laptop and turned it around towards her, and started pressing the keys as if searching for something.
"What are you doing? Give it back." I said.

"No stop. I am looking for today's schedule. I am attending a meeting with you, whether you like it or not".

"Claire, it's not a joke. Give my laptop back to me", I said trying to snatch my laptop back from her. Gosh she is strong, considering her lean stature.

"There. Found it. You have a meeting with er... Cal..aam...brieane..., at 2 pm today", she said.

"It's Calaambrieane, and thanks for reminding me. I'll ask Christine to check on the venue", I said holding up the reciever to call Christine. But Claire grabbed the phone and put the reciever down.

"What, now?" I asked Claire, now getting irritated by her childish behaviour.

"I said I will assist you. Why do you need Christine then?" She said.

"Alright, go on and book a place for the meeting and inform Mr. Pitt's secretary as well", I challenged her.

But as opposed to my expectations, she spent five minutes on my laptop before holding the reciever she dialled a number.

I panicked, "whom are you calling?"

"Tiffany, Mr. Pitt's secretary", she said before the person on the other side picked up. "Hi this is Claire, Mr. Taylor's personal assistant. I have just send you the details for today's meeting. So if you could confirm I would go ahead and do the bookings".

"Alright. I'll ping you once the bookings are done", she said before hanging up and without looking at me strated clicking the keys on my laptop.

"What are you doing now?" I asked.

"One second", she said, her face still dug deep into the laptop, while I kept watching her like a dumb person.

After a long silence, she punched a button and looking up chuckled, "done!"

"Done, what?"

"The bookings for today's meeting. We have a meeting at 'la Perez' at 2 with Calaambri..... Whatever", she said heading me the laptop.