Chapter 43

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ben~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Samantha please stop crying and tell me what happened. You are scaring me now. Is Oliver alright?" I asked again as she laid her head on my shoulders crying silent tears.

"Ben, I was wrong. I should never have trusted Oliver", she said sobbing.

I snatched her out of my arms and looking into her eyes I asked," what did he do?"

She moved her gaze down on the floor avoiding to reply.

"Sammy, I am telling you if you won't tell anything and keep crying like this then I swear I'll find that bastard and break his nose".

"No Ben, please you won't do any such thing, promise me", she said holding my hand.

"Only if you'll tell me what happened. What happened Sam, I haven't seen you this upset ever", I asked holding her face in my hands.

"Oliver thinks I stole company's latest designs and sold it to the competitors", she told me hardly able to speak with her choked up voice.

Wiping her tears I pulled her and made her sit on the bed and then sitting down in front of her I said, "Why did he think so?"

"I... I don't know, someone tampered with my laptop. There were emails sent from my laptop to the rivals. Designs were there...I ... I don't know how", she said covering her face under her palms.

"Does anyone else in your office knows your login credentials?" I asked.

She removed her hands and gave me a questionable look. "I.. I don't think so".

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I am sure, why would I give anyone my login...", and she just stopped speaking.

"I gave my credentials to Christine, when Oliver asked her to book hotel room for Julianne", she said getting up.

"I can't believe this, Christine. How could she do this. She is my good friend at the office. I... I don't know what should I believe now", she said in frustration.

"Call Christine and ask you want to see her", I said.

"What is the use Ben, even if she did it, she won't confess".

"Do as I say. Call her", I said giving her my cellphone to call.

With a little hesitation she dialed her number.

"Hello, Christine, it's Sam".

"Oh it's Ben's number. Listen, can you meet me today?"

"Yes it's urgent".

"Alright I'll be there".

As soon as she hung up I asked, "where are we meeting her?"

"We?"

"Of course. I can't leave you alone to deal with all this", I said and she threw her arms across my neck digging her face into my chest sobbing again.

"Hey, Sammy please don't cry. Everything will be fine. We'll find the culprit soon."

She didn't reply. I grabbed her chin tilting her face towards mine and asked, "do you trust me Sam?" And she nodded.

"Then please don't cry and leave everything on me".

********

"So, tell me why did you call me so urgently?" Christine said grabbing the fries from the plate.

"Christine I..", before Sam could say anymore, I stopped her by placing my hand on her lap.

"Actually, we think that you stole the designs using Sam's credentials", I said in a firm voice. I wanted to see her reaction to this sudden revelation.
And completely opposite to my expectations her eyes went wide and her facial expressions changed from more relaxed to a bit hurtful. I immediately realised that she was not the one we were looking for.