Chapter 23: War with bussiness (part 2)

Recap
Mum than told me later that grandma didn't know about the losses and our current situation. They didn't tell her because she was a heart patient. Her heart was quite week, so they just hid it.

I jut hope everything goes well.

End of recap

Jennie's POV

2 weeks later.

It's been 2 weeks now since I arrived home. To be honest I thought Jimin will come after me but no. He didn't. Good I'm so happy that I finally got out of his claws. I'm free.

Dad had been drinking quite a lot from the past 2 weeks and when I asked, he would just say his doing all he can. He seemed restless and tired by time. Mum was trying all she can to hide it from grandma that there isn't anything wrong as grandma suspected something fishy. I on the other hand tried coming up with strategies or some sort do idea to help dad. So far, nothing.

*buzz buzz*

"Mum? Why is she calling?"

Sliding through the screen I picked up the call.

"Jennie where are you?"

"Huh? Oh I'm out jogging mum remember I told you".

"Oh yes, yes. Ok just come back home as fast as you can".

"Why what happened?"

"I have some good news and bad".

"What is it?"
I asked huffing.

"Just come back and I'll tell you".

"Just tell me now mu-, hello? Mum? He-"She hanged up on me.
I wonder what's so important. Good news and bad news?

I ran as fast as I possibly could, reaching home in less than 3 minutes.
I knocked the door aggressively due to my heavy breathing.

"Oh my child you're as mess, get in".

"Thanks gran-ma", i huffed.

After a while of catching my breath, I asked mum who was sitting in the living room. Well more like standing now since I arrived. I asked her privately away from grandma.

"What's the good news". I impatiently asked.

"The good news is that we paid the debt . We paid the billions".

"Omg that's great mum. Oh how I yearned to hear those words", I was filled with joy.

Her expressions remained serious. Not a change.

"Mum why are you sulking? we should be celebrating, come on ", I grabbed her wrists and threw it in the air and danced around her.

"Jennie hear me out first".

"Ok ok, what's the bad news?"

Not so bad obviously, we paid the debt so we're done.

"The bad news is that we're not complete yet, I said we paid the BILLIONS. The millions remain. There's still 5 million remaining".