Chapter 40: not ready for this

Recap
Jennie followed the shadow for more than ten minutes until it led her to an isolated place in the massive hotel. It looked something like a lobby, maybe another enormous waiting room thus way fancy. With no people at that moment.

"I waited for you. Both today and that day".

Her eyes shot towards the voice. The figure walked out, revealing himself.

"Taehyung?".

End of recap

Narrator's pov

He was dressed in black clothing, earning the title 'bad boy' with a bandana around his head.
He was in his ripped jeans, black Gucci shirt and leather jacket with black timberlands.

"Tae-.."
Her eyes softened.

"Don't look at me like that. Makes me feel You're pitying me."

"Tae What are you doing here?"

He stood there silent before uttering.

"I came here with Irene, it was for Business purpose but guess who I find. My bride that ran away", he shook his head while she nearly cried.

"Tae it's not what you think. Situations were out of hands back than".

He walked closer to where she was standing. In the central.

"Do you know? I waited for you that day, hoping you were drunk before our wedding and will finally come back to me and say the vows.........seems like my own bride ran away with Jimin. You married him, and didn't even bother giving me a reason why!"

"Tae..." she held his hands.

"Do you think i had a choice? You know me since high school. You know I don't do anything to hurt anyone", a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I know....that's why I led you here, I want my answer", he stared into her soul.

There was a long pause when she finally gained confidence to speak.

"I don't love Jimin, I never did. This marriage was a set up by my parents and Jimin himself. He took away everything from me through his step brother. Even my life. Our assets companies, money, jewellery, cars, mansion would have all been his if I didn't agree to marry me. Dad got bankrupt leaving us with nothing. Plus you know my grandma is sick and she needs medication. How was I supposed to see my family suffer? Tell me. I did what he wanted me too and so that's why I'm here".

"But why didn't you ask me for help? I could have helped you with money and financial issues", he exclaimed.

"How? I thought you wouldn't see my face after.."

"Shit! So much happened and I didn't know- oh my god...I'm so sorry. Jen I'm really sorry".
He embraced her in a hug.

"Tae..I'm not done yet...on the wedding day, I was kidn-.."

"Doesn't matter now", he cut her off, snuggling his face in the crook of her neck.

"I knew you would have a reason. I knew you wouldn't hurt me. You can't even hurt an ant. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me".

"It's not you fault".

He looked at her face, breaking the hug.

"Of course it is".

"No it's no-.."
Before she could finish, he pulled her in a kiss. Kissing her passionately.

She didn't even realise and soon gave in.