Surface

Based on a headcannon my friend had where Death has only been to the surface to do his job and hasn't really been there for anything else, also that Death is a smol precious depressed bean in this story also this takes place after Geno is on the surface :))))

Geno had been on the surface for almost two months now. It was nice, to say the least. Now, at first Geno said he would never return to that horrid prison that held him, but only to bend his words when Death came to visit. It made sience to Geno why his newly found lover would be afraid to talk to Geno anywhere else. Geno smiled at Death, as he pulled the shaking god by the sleeve, "I promise you won't get and/or hurt anyone or by anything. We've been planing this for a while now Death. I have you covered." Now our mentioned skeleton still didn't like the idea, but it did send some relief when Geno opened a portal to a nice looking living room. "Right" Death spoke. The room was a nice light blue, drastically lighter and lively then the dark save screen. "I didn't take you as the one for light colors" Death spoke trying to calm himself down.

Geno lead Death down a hallway and into a room, it was a nice teal color, with a basic twin sized bed with a oak wood dresser and bedside table. It was... Odd for the god to be somewhere almost calming. The way the light shone through, he was pulled out of his thoughts when Geno let go of his sleeve and moved to the small closet. Geno placed a red shirt, a pair of navy blue jeans and what looked like striped gloves. "Here! Something else to wear so you don't look like..... Well you" Geno smiled as he watched Death slowly pick up the clothes, almost as if he were very shy. "Thank you" and with that Death was left in the room to change.

After what seemed to be an hour, a small figure walked out of the room. Geno couldn't help but smile at how small Death really was. "So short stack what do you think?" Death felt the heat rush to his face. "I'm not short!" Geno broke out into laughter, "that's so cute" he teased. Death looked away. "It was not. C-can we please drop t-the subject" this was embarrassing for the god. The other skeleton sighed as he grabbed the gloved hands of his partner. "Alright, alright. C'mon there is this festival that you might like.... Though we won't stay long, at least not where the crowd is gonna be, as I know how you can get when around a lot of people." Geno began to lead Death out of the house and onto the small sea side neighborhood. Death looked in strange awe. As he walked close by Geno's side. "That's ok.... I can try to be around a large crowed" Death spoke. Geno sighed "yea, no. I don't want you to be in a position where your not comfortable. Besides there is a nice hill we can sit and watch the festival. We can still participate with the festival early." Geno looked back at Death who was captivated by the passing cars and sounds. Not used to them of course.

Once the made it the the board walk, they began to pick out a few things. Death stared very confused as more cars passed by. "What never seen a car or something?" Geno looked at Death who was just staring at a lot of things, or was almost adorable-scratch that it was adorable. The god was like a small child, "no... I have not" Geno gave a small chuckle "not even during your job?" Death blinked as he thought on it. "Ok maybe I have but I have never seen one move.... It is quite odd." Geno's small chuckle turned into quiet shimmering. "You don't need to talk like that. Makes you sound fancy and shit." The smaller skeleton only shrugged in response. The sun started to set, yet again, Death was pulled through a small rush of people. He became very uncomfortable when more people arrived, though they soon found their way up to a small hill. Despite its size you could see the entire board walk.

Death jumped when a pound boom filled the air, along with bright lights. He looked up as more spread through the sky, he looked in awe. Geno on the other hand watched Death rather than the fireworks. It was cute, every firework that went off caused the god to flinch but he still looked up. Geno could have swore he saw some light in Death's eyes. "Its pretty" Geno snapped out of his thoughts looking at Death. He intertwined their hands together, catching the gods attention. Geno smiled, he so badly wants to kiss his lover... But they weren't in the save screen, with a sad sigh Geno looked back at the sky. Feeling a soft weight on his shoulder.

"The surface isn't that bad"
________

Aaaaaaaaa. I'm so tired. Anyways I have a couple of angst ideas and stuff for this. Like a lot actually. But I also have some lemons planned ;)))))) but that won't be 'til later on.