one

Y/N's POV

"I am not."

"You are."

"I am not."

"You are and that's final! No arguments! You've been saying you won't for the past hour now!!" My manager huffed.

"That's because I will not! That is ridiculous and you know it is!" I argued back as he stared at me.

"I don't care. It's how the world works, pretty girl. Now pack your bags and I'll tell you what school you're teaching at."

"Please tell me that it's super small kids a-"

"High school," he said as my mouth dropped.

"Then absolutely not!! I didn't want to do this in the first place!! Who the hell just makes a business assistant be a teacher at a high school!? I can't even teach!" I told him as he gave a simple sigh.

"You don't have to. You will simply be teaching one class and there are guides for everything and what you'll be doing. Then after that class is over, you won't have to teach anymore. You can go back to being the assistant you are now, it's not for long or permanent," he told me as he stood facing me.

"I'll only do it if I stay an assistant at the same time," I narrowed my eyes at him as he rolled his eyes and looked down at his clipboard.

"So you'll be a teacher and assistant? You're fine with that?"

"Yes, and that's my final answer."

"Alright, I'll work something out," he wrote something down on his papers as I grinned, throwing my arms around him.

"Thank you thank you thank you!!" I squeezed him as he groaned, pushing me off.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever, didn't your parents want you to become a teacher?" He raised a brow as I pouted.

"Yeah, but they supported me as an assistant all the same. So now they can be happy now that I'll be teaching," I said as he nodded.

"Not my problem, but okay. Tell them I said hi when you see them," he told me as I gave a thumbs up.

"You got it, I'm actually seeing them tonight for dinner," I waved to him as I turned around.

"I'll send you everything you need to know for the teaching gig. Look over it all tonight since you start tomorrow," he gave a firm nod as I nodded back.

"Got it boss!"

Pushing through the door, I walked out to see it started getting dark. I checked the time to see that I still had about an hour and a half until I met my parents for dinner.

I got into my car, starting it and heading home as I parked in my garage. Unlocking the door, I walked in, dropping my bags down as I headed into my room. I went into the bathroom to take a shower to freshen up.

After my shower, I called my mom only to get her voicemail. Dialing my dad's number, he picked up on the first ring as I grinned.

"Dad!" I cheered as I heard him laugh.

"Yes princess? What do you need? You better not cancel on me again," it was as though I could hear him pout at me through the phone.

"No cancelling! I'm definitely coming, just wanted to know what color scheme are we going for tonight?" I asked as I walked over to my closet.

"Firstly, wear a dress to show off that figure," he started as I laughed.

"Dad, you know that with the suits I have, my figure still shows," I told him as he gave a hum in agreement.