53 - The road of life

Asleys's POV

We came back home about 2 hours ago and I kind of dozed off a bit. Sleepless nights and the constant worrying about Waleed made me really tired. One thing is for sure, the care Maya is giving to my child is unquestionable. God gave me a bestfriend who ended up being a sister from the heart. However, it would still be kind of difficult to take care of three kids, especially when Feroze is out of country.

It was surprising to notice that Ayan wasn't present in the room. He barely leaves me alone from the fear that I might runaway again.

I smiled at the thought of doing that.

Closed my eyes and went back in time.

I quickly stood up from my dressing chair, and got a small bag out of the cupboard. I threw whatever I saw in my cupboard into my small bag. I headed for the back door which thanks to ALLAH was not locked. From the slightly moved curtains, that covered the place where the guests were sitting, I saw a couple in their late forties or fifties sitting quite impatiently. And my parents who kept glancing towards my bedroom door. "I am sorry mom and dad" a tear escaped my eye and I knew that I had to hurry up. There was no one at the front door which also thanks to ALLAH was opened. Before taking a step out of the house, I glanced back to it for the last time. I knew my parents would forbid me to come back into it. Without wasting anymore time I ran out of my neighborhood, it was quite dark and scary.

"Tum ro rahi ho?" (Are you crying?) , Ayan said sitting beside me and bringing me back from the past into the dreadful future.

"Chalo mil k rotey hain" (Come on let's cry together), He sighed and his eyes became teary.

I looked at him and felt sorry. I felt sorry for the fact that he was in pain because of me. felt sorry because he is still in pain because of me. Felt sorry by just looking at him. He changed. His personality. His way of thinking. His attitude. It all changed. It changed for the worst. His love changed into stubbornness. His kindness turned into hardness. His care for others now shifted to his care for himself. his constant mood swings...his heart gave up on life, it turned cold, because of me, because of his love for me.

"Bhool sakti ho usseh kya? mushkil ha janta hoon. Ma to tumhara shohar bhi nahi tha phir bhi nahi bhula paya, tum to phir uski biwi thi...chalo nahi bhulana usko, leikin mere samna usseh yaad mat kiya karo, mujhe tumahri mohobbat ki zaroorat ha asley, ma tumhe taqleef nahi dena chata leikin ma khud bhi it na dard bardasht nahi karsakta asley. Meri Jaan."
( can you forget him? I know it's hard. I wasn't even your husband and it was extremely difficult for me to forget you which means it's way worse for you cause you were his wife. Fine, don't forget him but please don't miss him in front of me. I need your love asley, I don't want to hurt you but I also cannot take the pain anymore. My love)

I flinched on his last love.
It was very odd to hear it from anyone other than Waleed.

"Ayan" I whispered.

Not knowing what to say to him.

He held my hand close to his cheeks and his tears made it wet.

"It's very difficult to be with one person and have another one in your heart." I told him

"It's even more difficult to be with someone who doesn't have a place for you in their heart." I replied

I shool my head.

This war of love will never end.

"Asley, Waleed was your past. No matter what you do he is never going to be in your future. You either walk down the road by yourself or you hold my hand and we walk the road of life together." He said.

"I'm not used to holding hands with anyone other than him" I whispered ad tears rolled down my cheeks

"Honey, you aren't used to waking by yourself either." He smiled. A sad smiled.

I remained silent because I had nothing to say after this bitter truth.

" I know that both of these choices are very hard for you. But you choose your hard. The only difference is that if choose me to be with you, you'll always have someone to pick you up whenever you stumble or fall in life my love." He said

"I'm leaving you here to think about it. Have to go do some work in the study room. Goodnight." He said placing a kiss on my forehead.

I changed into my nightgown and went towards the bed.

Is this right?
Am I being royal to Waleed?
If my love was strong enough, why would I be even considering this?
If I choose to live my life with ayan, will that mean that my love for Waleed was not everlasting?

All of these questions kept buzzing in my head.

I closed my eyes and the last few tears dropped on the pillow.

Tapak jaate hain yeh aanso kisi ki yaad mein.
Yeh woh baarish ha jiska mausam nahi hota

( some tears fall down because we miss someone. This type of rain never has any specific season. )

Assalam o alaikum

Please don't kill me for not updating. I'm so sorry. I never knew being a writer was this difficult. It is so hard to take out time to write but we'll I did it....at last...lol
However, on the other hand my lovely readers never give up on me. Shout out to all of you. Clap for yourselves. Love u all a lot.
Please level some comments. Make sure to give me your feedback.

So what do u think about asleys's decision? Should she be with ayan?

And whose point of view do you guys wanna read in the future?

Well, I will be reading all the comments.

Don't forget to vote.

Until next time...stay blessed ❤