Chapter 1

"Cecelia! Let me see that outfit baby."My grandmother had called out to me. We were in the middle of October and my Grandma was still school shopping for me .

My grandmother isn't very fashionable but she does what she can and I need clothes.I have to do what I gotta do." maybe I could raid Whitley's closet later." I thought out loud.

after getting dressed for what seemed like a hour I walked down stairs wearing my jean jacket red sweater, mom jeans with converses, my hair was in curly pineapple and I put red lipstick on. Then I walked downstairs to greet my grandmother. "Oh you look pretty in that red baby, Lance ! Come over here! " she yelled at my granddad like he needed a hearing aid.

he came out with a white smudged shirt and a a wrench in his hand. Other than being a minister my grandfather was what people would call a shade tree mechanic and he spent his time getting dirty." my little Cece you look pretty girl come give granddad a sugah." I kissed him like he had asked and then started rushing to catch my school bus. its amazingly disgusting that I am a whole senior and have to ride the bus.'what kind of mess is that?'

***

"Any questions class? Mr. Wright had finished teaching  a unit of history to us. This quarter he taught imperialism and the history of the definition of the American dream.

"There's a test coming at the end of the week so if you guys want a decent grade study hard bye class!"   Many of the students carried on about their business and went to either their next class or just completely skipping who knows?

" hold up ms. Cece " Mr. Wright snapped his fingers at me hoping that I would gradually slow down. I then stopped at the door to turn my head head around to see what he wanted." I have a recommendation for you. Your too advanced for this class you make an A on every project and you do all the extra credit assignments , what is it you don't have a social life or something?" He asked me chuckling.

He approached me in a jokingly manner but he did not know this cut me to the heart. Honestly I have a crush on Mr. Wright he's my favorite male teacher he's very handsome. He seems to be the only male at this school to take interest in me.

" Mr. Wright I'll think about it you know this could drop my grade point average and plus I like this class." I told him knowing that I could easily pass that other class and that I'm just to lazy to change out of it quite frankly.

*****

Donald Degrate Jr.

"well, back to this crap hole." it has been awhile since I have been in school. I'm actually kind of anxious to be in school I was on the road with my dad for the most part so this is new to me. I watched careless people my age walk merrily to their classes and chat each others ears off ,I could not relate.

I finally went to my favorite class, music class I mean yeah I just skipped history class who cares though? But I like ms. Houston and I'm pretty sure she's been wondering where I was since I was the class pianist. I walked towards the classroom door when I arrived the teacher caught a glimpse of me" Donny where have you been? And why aren't you in class?" She asked me double questions. "Well how you doing ? giving me the third degree and shi-" "what I say about all that profanity I'm gonna call your daddy". She started laughing. " and Boy quit playing come on in and give me a hug." I swooped her in and gave her a hug which was refreshing.

I walked into the classroom and I immediately discerned the disapproving stares.I never talked at school, well at least not to those people. And only to ms. Houston she was a guidance counselor and one heck of a teacher. I always wondered why she never pursued a singing career her voice was heaven. But I guess that's the mindset you have when your stuck in old Charlotte.

I sat down in the class. once I moved up my seat I heard two girls whispering and giggling. " girl you don't want him,he's special be making straight F's". " I heard he doesn't know how to talk and has a lisp. " a girl said to the one who was previously talking.

" well I don't know about all of that he just seems more cute ya know" another girl added in. She looked back at me winking. I just kneeled my head down shyly. I was not sure if I was supposed to take that as a compliment or if she was taking up for me. I am always staying to myself as a defense mechanism. I honestly don't find myself attractive. but that's besides the point I am going to be me and no girl can change that.

"Donny you ready to start?" I looked up and Ms.Houston summoned me. it was time to do what I knew best.

*****

Cecelia

I started to walk in the auditorium because I heard that the library was full. I was not going to take any chances of not getting my homework done. I sat down to do my homework and quiet thankful for the peace and quiet I thought I was going to get at that time. But then I heard a soft melody being played in the auditorium. I held my head up only to see a silhouette moving their fingers skillfully over the piano. the boy I presumed would continue to play but then stop getting frustrated.

I walked up more to the light that could expose him and he was a sight to see. he looked familiar but I was sure he was not from this school because no one that fine belonged here and nobody could tell me different.

 he looked familiar but  I was sure he was not from this school because no one that fine belonged here and nobody could tell me different

All of a sudden my books dropped and I could see that it startled him. " I am so sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you sounded so good ". I apologized but He just stared at me he had the most prettiest eyes it almost scared me.

"Uhh it's fine" his voice boomed through the stage it was so deep, I was not expecting that.Then he got up and walked off with a pen a notebook and his book bag.' This guy is weird, I mean no hey! what's your name or even kiss my behind' I thought to myself.

Ms. Houston came up behind me. " Cece will I see at rehearsal this week ? " oh yes ms. Houston I will try my best" I said. "Your one of our best sopranos now don't wanna lose you "she assured me.

Time was running up and school was about to be let out but I could not help but to think about my eventful day like who was that boy? I hoped to see him again.

-

* I re-edited this chapter more to come