Chapter 31

"Somewhere over the rainbow "

Way up high , there's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby..."
I sung while the jazz band played behind me. Our assignment in music was to come up with our own arrangement of a popular song. I decided somewhere over the rainbow from the wizard of oz was a solid choice. I sung with a black off the shoulder dress a pearl necklace and and burgundy lipstick.

a drummer named Ron Johnson had a thing for me but I told him I had a boyfriend and frankly he wasn't my type. But that never stopped him. "One day I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me." I stopped in between verses catching Ron winking at me on the drums so I just smiled and shrugged it off . After I finished The professor critiqued me giving me a low A.

Then I began to help the band members with the music equipment putting the things away in their trunk. I felt footsteps coming behind me when I stopped and turned around. " professor?" I questioned.

He returned a flashing grin looking at me and he cleared his throat coming off as nervous to me. " Cecelia I think your presentation of somewhere over the rainbow was great." He complimented.
" why thanks professor." My cheeks started rising.
" but that's not why I stopped you-" he interrupted and I became the Gif of the white man blinking. He grabbed my arm keeping me in one place in front of him. " I was wondering if you'd like to you know- go on a date, I think your a very beautiful lady and your voice is colorful." Professor Hankins was a very young black man and he was quite handsome I heard he had a rep for taking a liking to female students.

" professor Hankins,-" " call me Tony." He said interrupting me once again.
" Tony I'm flattered but I have a boyfriend." I answered chuckling nervously. " oh yeah where is he?" I'm guessing he didn't believe me.
" he's back down home, were very much in love." I explained to him.

" well good luck to ya and he's a lucky man whoever he is." The professor said kissing the back of my hand then leaving. " I saw that." I heard a Whitley say hiding in the corner. " where did you come from?" I asked her shock.

" well I'm in this class if you haven't remembered." " girl to be honest I forgot you have not been to this class since last month."
" right but I couldn't miss you singing kimmy." " oh why are you always in the bathroom? " I asked her and she became tense. "  " you pregnant or something?" I asked her out of habit.

" oh heavens no." She answered me. " I just have a weak bladder," " oh okay." I left the interrogating alone for now this was the happiest I've seen whit in a long time so I was happy.
Later that evening I received a call from Devanté
" hey baby." Hey De. " it was silent for a few seconds.
" so I got some news." I told him.
" shoot." He said calmly.  " I got an A on my musical presentation."

I beamed proudly. " that's not new I knew you could do it you just got to stop doubting yourself baby." He told confidently.
" well what about you? How are your demos coming along?"

" ehh their alright they not allat I still gotta couple of songs to finish then after that I can go to a record company and audition." He explained.
" you are such a perfectionist." I chuckled.
" well I got to be my name is on the line , everyone is looking at me." He explained earnestly.
Cece was not aware that on the other end of the line Devanté held a ring in his hand while talking to her.
" I'm gonna send you some money in the mail." He said to her being thoughtful.

" oh no you don't got to do th-"
" yes I do, well I want to." He finished.
" Do you love me?" He asked sincerity in his tone.
" of course I do, very much and I miss you."
He chuckled man blushing on the other end of the line. This was all he needed to know.
He was testing her.

Update// I'm gonna put up another chapter pretty soon. Please vote and comment thanks 💕