Chapter 17

Cecelia Clark~
I looked for him in the chorus room and the auditorium but he wasn't there. I wanted to tell him thank you for the photography.

I kept walking until I found him nonchalantly standing up against an locker with the back of his foot elevated and placed on the bottom of the it.
He was scribbling down in his book and from the looks of it it must have been intense. He licked the corner of his mouth.
Inching nearer he heard my footsteps and looked up smiling. It's as if he had sensed me coming like an dog that can smell a person coming from feet away. No that would be Dalvin.

I returned the smile kind of hiding my face though. When it came to finding him I was on a mission. But when I finally got here I was nervous. Not the bad kind but the good kind. The one where you feel butterflies in your stomach. The one when you see that person and makes you stutter on your words.

I think that I may have feelings for him now. I don't want to admit that to him because well he may not feel the same and this friendship thing is going so well. I don't won't to mess up things by overthinking.

"What's up." He said more like a statement than a question.
"I saw the photograph." I told him excitedly.

He furrowed his eyebrows and then started nodding his head and smiling again.

"Oh yeah, Did you like It?" I was in a daze admiring his jawline right about now.
"Cecelia?" "Huh?" I came back to reality after realizing he's been calling my name for a good minute now. I bet he even caught me drooling at this point.

"I asked if you liked it." He said turning towards me chuckling.
"I loved it." I jumped into arms with sudden force embracing him while my head laid on his chest. He returned the hug.
"Thanks I'm glad you loved it but dang girl that was kind of hard."
"oh I'm sorry." My teeth chattered together as I gave him a weary look. I can be so sensitive and conscious sometimes.
"Nah I'm just kidding, it's nice to get a hug from you instead of me having to grab you to get one."

"You do not have to grab me I'm not that difficult, your exaggerating."I mean I was kind of stand off-ish in the beginning but that was before I knew him and that was when he was a huge jerk.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding come on."
He put his arms around my shoulders and he took my book bag holding it in his hand I guess chivalry isn't dead after all. But he would do that for anyone really because deep inside he's polite. Right?

Walking down the hallway shoulder beside shoulder I noticed that his friends came up to him and Whitley came up to me looking at me like oh really?Both parties acted as if they seen a ghost.

"What's up D?" Cedric Hailey came up to him dapping him up. De arms remained around my shoulder. "Nothing much, just hanging with my girl." He told them nonchalantly.

"Your girl?" Dalvin asked him. "Did we miss something?." His best friend Jo Jo said speaking up. They all had amused looks on their faces.
He sucked his teeth and then made a stank face.
"Nigga my homegirl." Oh.

They soon started laughing at Donald pointing at him like they had caught him doing something embarrassing.
"Since when have you started using the term homegirls?" Dalvin asked turning up his nose. I know what they mean. As long as I have known him he hasn't really used hip hop or street slang. I don't know how to describe it but he just talks like Donald.

"Since the day I caught you in the bathroom rapping along to I'm bad in your fruit loom underwear." Cedric snickered along with JoJo shaking their heads. Donald told me that Dalvin has an weird obsession of LL cool J. But who wouldn't that man is fine his dimples are cute. I would do some things to him if I was into that type of stuff.
"That's low man." Dalvin whined.
What I wanted to say was 'awww it's okay pit bull.' But I guess that joke has been played out.