Chapter 9

Donald Degrate Jr

Donald Degrate Jr.~
Y'all ever heard of the white knight syndrome? Well if you have that's what I'm currently dealing with. A couple of weeks have passed by and I have seen Cecelia but only a few times when she walk passes me in the hallway or in the cafeteria.

I know I cannot expect us to even speak to one another because after all we have not had any good first impressions. But besides that I feel like I owe her something. And I will give her that something even if she hates my black behind.

"Ayye we at Mickey D's hurry your Tyrannosaurus having self over here and order Donald." Cedric commanded. I sucked my teeth and playfully hit him in the head.
"Ugh let me get a- uh" " nigga get a burger or something it's not that hard!" Dalvin said.
"Would y'all let him finish?" Joel spoke up for me. I really appreciate him.
" let me get a Big Mac and a value fry."
"Donald is that you?" I heard Mary Janes voice over the intercom.
"Yeah." I sighed. "She is oh so fine and divine." Cedric licked his lips and closed his eyes.

"What y'all doing here?" I just want to know who hired her because on the inside I'm palming my face. "Can we like hurry the order? You...holding up the line." Joel verbalized becoming frustrated.
"We're here to get our food obviously."
"You don't have to take a nasty tone with me Donny just wanna see how y'all doing."
"MJ now isn't the time." I whined. I honestly just wanted to hurry up get my food and leave. She wanted to make it difficult though. She so stuck on me and I don't understand why.
I'm kidding I do know why but that's not my problem.

I drove up further to the line now that our order was finished. I rolled the cars window down. And she had a large kool-aid smile handing me my tray of drinks. "You shouldn't drink soda you know it's not good for your skin or you-" " just pass me the food." I said blandly. She leaned over the counter trying to show her cleavage. That may have worked back then but now it isn't even remotely attractive.
"Dang D she trying to be friendly and you acting like a prick."   " lemme ask you a question you wanna be friendly or do you wanna eat?"

" I'll take food for 300 Alex." Dal chimed in.I grabbed our food and rolled up the window while Mary Jane gave us the stank face. Now we needed to get back home in time for curfew. Who knows what kind of accusations my parents would come up with?
As soon as I got home I saw my little brother sticking his head out the door.

"Ma Donald and Dalvin here." He announced as I rolled my eyes in the back of my head.

"It's about time now getcho behind back in here." She scolded him grabbing his ear.
We walked in setting our bags of food down.
Derek was just itching to get a fry but I calmed that down real quick. "Where y'all been?" She asked calmly.
"Well we stayed after school for some project we have to work on and then we were hungry so we got McDonald's." I answered her slowly showing the bag. "I don't wanna have to keep warning y'all but ya can't come home late on church nights your dad won't like that."
"Them Hailey boys in the car?" She continued.
"Yeah. As a matter of a fact I wanna talk to y'all about something...you and dad I mean."