Chapter 26

Cecelia pov:
I woke up early this morning it was the second week of January and I was waiting for acceptance letters from all the colleges I applied to. I knew I was very smart and could get into a great school but I just wasn't sure on where I wanted to go. My legal guardians wanted me to chose a school where I could be close to home but bump that I am trying to have a little fun not be bound. I grabbed all the mail out of the mail box stuffing what I thought was junk mail into the trash can. " Howard, Hampton , hillman, Georgetown, A&T,Campbell,Uncg ,Uncw ." I said counting the letters I had received. I heard my phone ring. Yelling " I'll get it." I grabbed the phone wondering who would be calling this early. " hello Clark residence." I said in my Caucasian voice. I heard some chuckling in the back ground " that's cute Cece." I hear Donald say . " oh it's just you." I said in a melancholy tone. " just me?" His pitch went higher he sounded offended I could see him clutching his chest right now with his light skin mannerisms. " yeah just you Donald who else would call during this time of the day?" I said laughing.
" well I just wanted to tell you I'm coming over to get my jacket." I looked confused on the other end of the line.
" what jacket?" I asked.  " the one I gave you when you know-" he trailed off. My insides became warm and gushy all over again. " yeah got it." I said. Memories return to me. Even though me and him are back to speaking to each other it doesn't mean we're back together. " you mean the one that looks like the purple power rangers?" I said picking. " yeah that one ." He said kissing his teeth.
" so what you doing?" " if you must know I'm looking at my college acceptance letters." I answered beaming proudly. "Oh yea, you know where you wanna go?" " not really I like Hampton and hillman." I answered. " you know that's my birthplace right?" He asked. " what?" " Hampton." " oh okay." I said shrugging. " so you and the guys Jodeci I think?" I said trying to make sure I said that right. " yea that's right baby, we gonna make it too." " hey come over and get your jacket." I hung up the phone and started straightening things out. I combed what little hair I had left then I brushed my teeth applying lipstick later.  I heard the door bell ring knowing who it was.  I took a deep breath having a come to Jesus moment before cracking the door open. When I opened the door behold stood this caramel god with his honey colored eyes roaming around our yard his tongue licking the corner of his lips in admiration and his eyebrows well they just looked like Dalvins maybe they go to the same eye brow archer. I thought to myself and shrugged. " come in . I said welcoming him in  he just stood like a tall drink of water that he is. " what?" He asked. I just gazed at him in admiration. The purple jacket was on me. " nothing." I said chuckling. Cecelia what are you doing man? I asked myself. " tell me more about Jodeci. I said patting the chair. A look of excitement came on Donald face. " well me and jojo started a group but then I heard k-Ci sing I wanted him in, at first Jojo didn't like the idea cause he ain't want k-ci to still all the shine so he said if I let him in I gotta let Dal in." He said explaining to me talking fast like he usually does. I nodded wanting to know more. " well as you know my dad kicked me out the day that we broke up so I moved in with mama Hailey." " no I didn't know that." I said feeling kind of guilty. Nonetheless he continued. " but yeah I record in her basement we gotta a lot of demos and tapes and what not." He explained. I wondered why he was breathing so hard. " you know what record label y'all trying to get on?" I interrupted. " y-yeah mca record label or uptown something like that." He stammered with a little excitement.
" well you guys are so talented I just know your going to make it." I encouraged him. It was such a turn on to hear him talk about his dreams and aspirations. " thank you!" He smiled brightly. " what's up with you?"'he asked. " nothing I just love hearing you talk about your dreams and aspirations." I explained timidly. " let's talk about what I really came over here for." His tone changed. " watchu mean?" I asked smirking " us." He says point blank period. " I love you very much and wanna try this again." He said. " I love you too I just- " just like that his lips crashed mine and my mind was made up . I was not gonna front I missed D very much so. I loved our wack conversations our satisfying kisses and pranks and jokes we did on each other. " let's try again." I said smiling. " you can keep the jacket it looks good on you." He said looking at it on me . We intertwined our fingers together and laughed. " yeah I think I'll keep it." I blushed.

Update/ it's literally about his jacket purple jacket from the forever my lady album.🤣 anyways hope you guys enjoy.