|Two|

Sighing, I lift my arms up in a shrug- my black jacket hanging from one arm with my brown satchel swinging from the shoulder- in a sign of defeat. Butterflies of nerves now fluttering in my stomach and my shy personality not helping at all as all I really wanted to do was run as far away from him as possible. 

Walking towards each other, my flats slapping noisily against the ground compared to his bulky boots; I cast my gaze downwards and bite my bottom lip nervously. I hate talking to new people out of my a work situation. I'm just so... hopeless at conversations.

"Shy English?" He chuckles whilst using my last name, "I can't believe you're a Brit living in Central America with a name like that," he teases, "maybe you should marry me and we'll make it all better," his eyebrows raising suggestively at his smooth talk. My shoulders unintentionally hunch inwards to try and make me smaller. The satchel slipping from my light blue shirt covered body as it hits against the thigh of my tight suit trousers.

Today it was my turn in the hospital which was the reason for the smart dress wear. Tomorrow, I'm just on call thankfully to attend the situations themselves around the park when required. A day off for the moment.

My cheeks flush a beetroot red at his comment as I adjust the strap of the satchel nervously.

"It's okay," he sounds like he grins; the floor suddenly interesting for me to observe, making my hair fall over my face to hide me behind its curtain. "I tend to have that effect on people. Speechless I know, tell me about it," he cockily smirks. Is he rambling? No, just having the capability to talk to a wall such as myself to fill in the penultimate, awkward, silence that I know is about to come. 

I go to turn away but he grabs my petite shoulder in his large hand. "Wait!" I flinch at the contact and raise of voice. He notices and thankfully removes his hand as I take another nervous step away.

"Why don't I drive you home?" He changes the subject, "we get to talk about our first date and how well it went," he teases as he steps in front of me with his built physique, blocking my path. I raise my eyebrows at him and turn my face slightly toward him in question. We've had a date?

He smiles in achievement and a sinking feeling in my stomach tells me I just walked into his trap. He's a hunter and I'm the rabbit dangling from the snare.
"Yeah," he grins, "fixing up Toby boy back there. We did a good job," he begins rambling until I eventually come to the conclusion that he's as just as nervous as me, but probably not as intimated as myself right now with his dominating frame so close to me.

"It's my job," I whisper so quietly I'm amazed he heard.

"Tell me about it," he demands as he takes a seat on the steps we've reached, still outside the dark hospital behind us.

Cautiously, I lower m my satchel to the ground beside me and perch on the edge of the step. Owen however, practically throws himself down and brings a bag out of nowhere, to which he pulls out two gingerbread cookies.  I slowly move a little further from him, not liking how close he's sat to my tiny body next to his giant one.  Outstretching a hand he offers me a cookie to which I gladly take and break of a piece. The strong flavor erupting inside my mouth and giving me something to nervously chew on instead on my lip and inner cheek.

"Told you, you were hungry" he smiles. A genuine smile this time. Not his patronising or cocky smirk. An actual smile that lights the fire in his emerald eyes and seems to light up his whole face. A pretty smile.

"Thanks," I blush, unsure of how to react. We sit in silence for a little, the crunch of the cookies the only noise apart from a few, tiresome, calls of the Apatosaurus who are out in the plains a few miles away. A small smile forming at their calls- they're my favorite.

Every member of staff has a name badge and under each name is our favourite dinosaur-mine the Apatosaururs. Gentle giants of the dangerous dinosaur world.

"So, how old are you?" Owen breaks the silence. Nervously, I raise to my feet and shoulder my satchel as I take a few steps away from him, this conversation having gone on too long for my comfort.

"Thank you for...tonight," I shyly say as I back away from him

"Aw come on!" he protests and stands too quickly for my liking, making me flinch and stumble back. He notices and stops in his tracks, holding his hands up in surrender, "what does a guy have to do around here to get a pretty girl like you to stick around?" My throat bobbing in surprise. He...likes me?

"Bye!" I squeak before running into the car park behind my fleeting figure like a fox being hunted by the hounds and jumping into my jeep. Racing away to my tiny room in the maze of apartment accommodation for some of the members of staff or those who are rich enough to by themselves one.

The 20 minuet drive seemed to calm me down a little but my back stayed ridged. Men asking personal questions and getting me alone is a previous bad experience of mine. Stupid! Stupid for letting him catch me off guard like that. Pulling into a parking slot, I kill the engine and grab my bad from the passenger seat and take off into the tall, extravagant, sliver building that has views across the entire park during the daylight hours. It's a place to sleep, that's all I care about. The fancy décor of the lobby and halls is all a bit much for me, with landscape paintings on the cream walls to create the effect of the natural habitat of pre-historic times. Every door on my 7th story floor is a royal blue colour with a key card scanning system for entry.

Inside the apartment is cream carpeted with an adjoining kitchen living area, both a mix of neutral greens and browns on the walls with a single brown, leather, couch and flat screen tv mounted on the wall; not that I ever use it. I prefer reading a good book, curled up on my soft queen size bed with possibly a bit of music lightly playing through the single bedroom apartment. A solitary life.

Slamming the door behind me, I quickly kick off my black flats and throw my bag and coat into the cupboard before I dash into the light blue themed bedroom and change for bed; shorts and a tee before I remove my scratchy contact lenses and hearing aid then throwing myself under the covers and cry my tiny body to sleep.

Owen will be just like him.