|Five|

The eerie silence is defining.

"My dad got angry at my mum," I whisper as I stare at the white painted wall ahead of me. Owens thumb running across the back of my palm in a comforting gesture, "She left and I took the brunt of it," my voice trailing off at the end I'm surprised they heard it.

The look of rage on my fathers face as he pinned me down flashing into my head. His bald head and wrinkled grey eyes as he seemed to... enjoy it. A shiver races down my spine.

A comforting squeeze of the hand from Owen and an understanding smile, as if he had his own demons and the sympathetic looks he knew would just break me further. Even now he can see past the broken and shattered woman in front of him to really see me for who I am. Someone who just needs sailed into the correct wind like a ship out a sea.

"You're rooms all sorted at mine," I hear the delicate voice of Vivian as she pops into the room, her light blue cardigan hugging my cousins small shoulders as she crosses her arms nervously whilst she leans against the wall. She's nicely offered me her spare room in her little bungalow that's situated in one of the staff villages hidden away in the valley- somewhere I've always wanted to move to from the stuffy apartment in the hotel. I smile weakly at her in thanks before nervously casting my gaze to Owen beside me- a gentle creature- who nods reassuringly at me, "You're strong Zoe, stronger than any woman I've ever met, and you're gonna walk out those doors with your head held high. You control you're life, no one else, so show us what you're made of." he grips my hands in his lap before letting them go gently and leaving, a cheeky wink over his shoulder as he leaves through the door. A faint ghost of a smile on my face at his antics.

A few hours later and I had thankfully been discharged form the hospital.

"That man," Elizabeth sighs with a shake of her head and a smile, looking like she's brushed our earlier, interrupted, convosation under the rug for another time- or never hopefully, "is head over heels for you girl. In year he's been here I've never seen him look at any lady the way he looks a you," She holds out her hand in a gesture to show that the world awaits outside the hospital doors once I choose to go through them. However horrid this situation is, I'm not going to let it stop me living my life how I want to- my dad having already ruined too much of it for me to just give up now- I have a vast future ahead of me. I just need to grab it with both hands and sculpt it into something worth dreaming about. Whether Owen would be a part of that future is a mystery.

I do like him, in more ways than I should, and it scares me. A god like man such as Owen doesn't go for the shy, weedy, girls that hide in the shadows like me. He's just being nice- a friend.

Taking a deep breath I straighten my shoulders, the white baggy t-shirt with blue diamond print used to be a perfect fit before all this as well as my skinny jeans. Raising to my purple converse covered feet, I try not to think about much as I smile weakly at Vivian, who still leans against the wall, and stride out the door and down the small, winding, corridors until the hot rays of the blinding sun prickle my tender skin.

"The cars is this way," Vivian quietly says as she gently guides me with a delicate hand on my elbow towards her parked company SUV.

"Thank you," I honestly whisper as we climb inside and she starts the engine that purrs to life as she pulls from the parking spot.

"It's fine," She smiles at me. I almost relax at her shyness, we may be family but we both have the typical traits of our family of being a bit quiet and reserved, "it was getting boring by myself anyway. I could do with the company."

"Me too," I sigh before we fall into a comfortable silence as she drives her car onto the large boat that will take us from the main land- where they transferred me too for better observations- and home wards bound to the beautiful island of Isla Nublar- home.

It takes a few hours to reach the small bungalow that belongs to my cousin, the little house hidden away in a maze of many similar looking buildings that has my head spinning. I happily climb out the car and head inside the cosy place she calls home. A small sofa with a glass coffee table and books shelves situated on the right of the joint living and kitchen space, on the left, that had pale yellow walls and white cabinets with a small table that had two chairs squeezed up to it. Small, but enough for two quiet girls to seek solitude after the busy days of work ahead of us once the park officially opens in a few months.

"First door on the right is the bathroom and second door is all yours" Vivian smiles at me as she shrugs off her cardigan and places it along with her shoulder strapped purse on the coffee table. I nod my head in thanks before scurrying off to my room, just big enough to fit the bed and a dresser in, where I immediately curl up into a ball under the neutral grey sheets to cry.

####

I promise that Zoe and Owen will start happenig in the next chapter.

Anyone got a good ship name for our precious couple?

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow , please :)