|Eleven|

"This calls for more drinks!" Squeals Elizabeth as she struggles to stand and has to hold onto my bare arm for support, her manicured nail digging in slightly as she raises her empty glass into the humid air. I flinch slightly at her grip, but can't stop smiling at her too; it's amusing watching the mother hen get absolutely plastered- her head's gonna love her in the morning. 

She trips in her heels as she tries to get her balance and begins falling towards the hard ground, taking me with her as I try to grab onto her. Before I can hit the floor I feel strong arms encase around my petite body and hold me to their strong chest before they reach out with their other arm to grab Elizabeth who grabs onto his strong arm and pulls us down onto the floor in a heap. The person holding me manages to manoeuvre us so that I'm on top of him so he an cushion my fall- typical of Owen. 

"I've got all the ladies falling for me now" He huffs from beneath me on the floor, a small chuckle following it as he hugs me closer to him and cranes his head to see if I'm okay. I give him a quick peck as a thank you before we both try to stand up, both a bit wobbly due to the amount of alcohol we've had- I have no doubt Owen could have caught both myself and Elizabeth if he'd been sober. Everyone has crowded around us to see if we're okay, Elizabeth cackling on the floor to herself as Barry pulls the middle aged woman to her feet, which she can barely keep. Some of our other friends attempting to help her. 

I think it's the alcohol- but suddenly I can't stop the bubbles of giggles that burst from my lips and have me doubling over Owen's arm around my waist, I would have fallen if it wasn't for his now firm grip as he pulls me right again as I gasp for breath. 

"Bed time for you, princess," Owen whispers into my ear, his hot breath fanning my neck and face.  I turn in his hold to face him and pout like a small child

 "One more drink!" I say as I try to look like a sad puppy- I don't think it's working because he turns to face his friends and tell them he's taking me back to the hotel we're staying in on the main land. "No!" I cry as he tries guiding me out the bar. 

"Zoe."I turn to face the voice of an amused looking Debbie, another middle aged woman who's one of the doctors on the medical team. She's nice enough with her bobbed, black, hair and tanned skin of Spanish origin giving her a lush figure with a straight nose and slightly rounded face, "We're all heading back now so you go with Owen and we'll bring Elizabeth back with us. You're obviously in no sate to be with up past you're bed time anyway." She doesn't really ask and she's talking to me like I'm a child. I hate her when she does this, she always talks to me like I need babying because I'm a nurse and she's a fuck ass doctor. Well I do more work than her, she just bosses us all about and jumps in when she wants the credit! Bitch!

"That's enough!" Owen's jaw twitches at her as he snaps back, his eyes simmering at her comment. 

My emotions must be on my face at my imminent out burst, so Owen picks me up and slings me over his shoulder to distract me. He knows how much I hate the snobby bitch-he's not too fond of the 43 year old too- especially as she keeps batting her shitty eyelashes at him and trying to touch his arm. "We'll see you tomorrow" he grits out before begins striding out the door.

"GO MAKE ME SOME CUTE BABIES!" Elizabeth shouts after us across the now empty bar- it's late and a week day- and my body bounces over Owens broad shoulder as he stumbles a step at her comment. 

"WE WILL!" I shout back and my own eyes widen at my big mouth, Owen almost tripping over his Owen feet and chocking on his saliva at me too. 

I've had too much to drink!

If I've been drinking, its like all my problems just float away for a few precious hours. I get to live in the present and not worry about the past.