|Thirty Nine|

Attached above is an amazing cover done by the talented Chieftess04  

If anyone would love to do anymore or just show your artwork that you've done, Jurassic related, I'm more than happy to help show everyone your amazing talents because you all need to be proud of your creations. 

We took our time in saying goodbye.

Even though we were rushed for time and had the Indominus Rex hiding somewhere within the miles of greenery that surrounded us in the impeding darkness. We weren't going to rush our goodbyes. 

Owen and I both cried and sobbed at Solo passing. That he had brought so much joy and laughter into our lives since that day where Solo attacked my face with sloppy wet kisses as he held my engagement ring on his tiny red collar. It was impossible to believe that was almost eight years ago. That Solo had be bounding around in our lives and being the most amazing best friend Owen and I could have ever asked for. 

It was difficult for the both of us to eventually calm down and stop crying. It was torture when Owen took the limp, blood soaked, body of our precious family member and laid him gently down in the back of the truck. A baby blue blanket had been found by one of Claire's nephews as we covered him respectfully. 

I couldn't even contemplate the pain that I should have been feeling in my hand from my missing finger, my own blood seeping through the ragged shirt I had messily tied around it. Dripping rhythmically onto the damp road.  But all I could envision was those razor sharp claws digging deep and fast into the coiled muscle of Solo's flank as he was ripped from the back of the truck. The agony he must have felt as they sank ever deeper and Delta sinking her pointed teeth around his flesh upon impact with the ground. 

It made me feel sick. 

The headache all the crying and adrenaline coursing through my veins washed through my fatigued body like a tsunami. I was monotone in my actions as I climbed into the front of the truck beside Claire and her nephews as Owen lead our small convoy towards the main street of the park. The bumpy, silent, ride not enough to drown out the sniffles form our running noses and the crushing silence that fell upon us all as we brushes away our silent tears. 

I'd removed my glasses when I'd climbed into the truck. Before Owen had unravelled my hand after talking to Claire and he had re-dressed it with a clean bandage that he'd found in a first aid kit. He'd made me take some pain relief too after swearing and cursing at the state of my hand. As I watched the guilt swim so clearly in his watery eyes as I held back my cries of pain whilst he worked as gently as he could. I could see him blaming himself for all of this. Because Delta is one of his girls, that she's apart of his park. And she'd done this.

Yet, I could never blame any of this on Delta. After all, she is a wild animal, an extinct pre-historic species that was only following her instincts because she was more than likely petrified herself. She's be herded and prodded at by Hoskins, before been set loose into a brand new, overwhelming, world to come face to face with an animal so unpredictable, it had lead to her sisters being shot at and gunned down like birds from the sky. 

It was fear that had blossomed into this catastrophe. 

🦕🦕🦕

It didn't take us too long to reach the centre of the park. Our aim was to gain access to the control room and see what resources were still available to save all the injured and innocents that had been transferred down to the buildings beside the docks. Waiting for the ships and cruise liners to appear and take every petrified individual home. Home. Somewhere Owen, Daniel and I would have to rebuild and make for ourselves. Leave our home behind and somehow find a norm after all of this had been dealt with. Create a new life, without one member of our family.