Chapter Eight

Rosalie's POV

He opened the door and revealed what looked like a shooting range. One wall held an assortment of guns. The other held an area that held targets off all kinds and even some moving ones. "Show me what you got little girl." He smirked.

I was excited at the challenge. I took note that he didn't even ask about my ability I mentioned. It was sweet he was more worried about calming me down but it confused me since  he wants me here to use me for my empath ability.

I confidently walked over to the guns. This is the stuff I knew and was good at. I grabbed two matching purple and black pistols. He was smiling at my choice and I told him "What? It's my favorite colors." He chuckled but swooped his arm dramatically to the moving target area. Guess I don't get a warm up even though it's been 5 years since I've shot a gun.

I loaded and readied the guns and he turned the machine one. I nailed the bullseye every time. Then I reloaded and decided to have some fun. I shot bullets in the shape of a 'J' on each target. He laughed out loud that mesmerizing laugh when the machine stopped and saw what I did. I swooned and unfortunately, he noticed.

He grabbed my wrists and removed the guns setting them quickly on the counter and quickly picked me up and sat me on the counter as well, making me slightly taller. He grabbed my face with both hands and kissed me hard. It was an explosion of feeling. No one has kissed me in nearly a decade. Touch alone set me off now, but his touch? His kiss? Was just a whole different world. I moaned into the kiss when his tongue entered my mouth and that seemed to make him kiss me deeper. I wanted this man desperately and it scared the shit out of me because I haven't wanted anyone like this since my first love and that ended so badly. He was causing tingles all over my body, chasing my fears away.

"Hey boss, we have a situation." a man interrupted. Mr. J reached behind me to grab something and next thing I know he's pulled away where he's not touching me at all and holding the gun up and aimed at the man.

"What is so important that you barge in on me and my girl, Jones?" My heart that was already working in overtime flutters when he calls me his girl.

"Boss, we have some urgent news in regards to Batman." He trembles.

"Who is Batman?" I ask Mr. J, causing Jones to laugh at me. I frown and Mr. J shoots him in the knee.

"Don't worry about it Rosie." Mr. J tells me and kisses me briefly. "I'll take you upstairs and you can hang out there while I meet with my men."

I just nod and take in what happened. Yeah that man made me mad laughing at my lack of knowledge of this 'Batman' but to see Mr. J actually shoot him reminded me of my grandfather. He used to do that to people that insulted me or even looked at me the wrong way.

He lets me walk this time and as soon as I started getting sad about missing his touch, he grabs my hand. He shows me to the room I woke up in. I notice it's dark out "Try to get some rest. I will have someone bring you some food and someone will take you shopping tomorrow. I don't know when I will be back, it may be a few days but I will try to get home to you as soon as possible. I will get you a phone soon. Please try not to leave the room, I want to know you are safe in here. Plus I like the thought of you in my bed" He smirks at the last part and I blush.

He hesitates but says "There is a TV in here, just um please try not to believe everything you hear." I look up at him confused but he kisses me which was supposed to be brief but I get brave and wrap my hands in his hair and pull him towards me as he was pulling away. It turns out to a makeout session that leaves us breathless. He dips to my neck and growls "you're mine" and sucks on my neck causing me to moan.

He pulls away and his hair is disheveled making him look even sexier. Come on heart, calm down please. "Bye baby, I'll miss ya." He then takes off.