Chapter Nineteen

Joker's POV

    She is so beautiful when she sleeps. Like a princess and it's not even natural. She doesn't snore, she doesn't drool, she just lays there peacefully and relaxed. I thought back to last night and felt a mix of happiness and worry. She is all mine and loves me, only me. But she will never NOT be in danger.

    I sit up and sit on the edge of the bed with my hands through my hair. I need to start planning and plotting. This responsibility is foreign to me. Yeah, I lead men and direct them but they are replaceable. Rosie is not, there is only one of her. This uncertainty of what will happen leaves me edgy. I stand up and start pacing. It is still dark out so I stand by the window and look out.

    If I was a better person, I would pack everything up and get me and her the hell out of here, far from Gotham. I would stop a life of crime and live off what money I have already built up, maybe start a business like a club. I laugh at the thought. I would be miserable, I wouldn't be able to refrain. This is who I am. I wonder how Rosie gave it all up? Especially being raised in it.

    She is such a mystery to me. Typically she is good about telling me about her past, but I can tell she purposely leaves things out. I wish she would trust me, but I can see why. I left her hurt and broken in the middle of the road after rejecting her and breaking her heart.

    I sigh realizing I am not being fair already. I told her I would try and here I am getting frustrated by her for not opening up more to me and I haven't told her anything about my past. She deserves to know, to know the man she is with. She may hate me and hate me even more when I won't let her go. Whoever said that if you love someone, you let them go is a fucking idiot.

    I stay there watching the sunrise. I resolve to tell her some about me tonight, not all, but some. I hear her little yawn behind me and smile. I decide to rush over to her and tickle her sides. Her laugh is musical and she is kicking and thrashing, begging for mercy. "Honey, please stop!" She begs.

    "Fine, I will show mercy just this once" I give a few more squeezes and then giver her a light kiss on the lips. "How will this tiny body hold two little jokers?" I tease rubbing my hands up and down her torso causing her to moan lightly and close her eyes.

    "No idea, I am almost afraid I will topple over. That I will probably get wider than I am tall." She jokes causing me to laugh.

    "I guess I should make sure you never leave this bed." I grin wickedly at her insinuating naughty things.

    "Hm I could be convinced of that." She smiles and I kiss her again lingering longer this time before pulling away. She pouts causing me to chuckle. She thinks for a second and lights up and bounces excitedly looking like she has an idea. "Since I still am mobile, I am going to take advantage of it! I am going to make you dinner tonight."

    I am apprehensive. She told me before that she loves to cook but she hasn't cooked before. I was busy last time she baked. She had made purple and green cupcakes. My men devoured theirs but didn't say anything. Maybe they were just scared, I could get mad if the over complimented what was mine, or I could get mad if they hurt her feelings. My cupcake was never touched and neglected till it was no longer edible and I pitched it. I frown remembering how I used to brush her off.

    She took the frown as a response to her idea though. "Nevermind, its a stupid idea." She looked so dejected.

    "Oh baby girl, I wasn't frowning at that. I had just remembered something is all. I would love for you to make Daddy dinner." Her eyes went from happiness to smouldering in no time and next thing I know she is on top of me, straddling me, kissing me deep, and grinding her hips into mine. Still naked from last night.