Monster!Tom [Nightmare]

A/N: Hooo boy, that gore warning! But yes look out, this thing starts off with some nasty gore.

When you said your boyfriend Tom was a monster, you meant it in the most literal way possible. No he wasn't a terrible person or anything like that, he actually grew horns, and a tail, and claws, and even fangs when he was stressed. Monster or not, he loved you, and you knew he would never hurt you. Would he?

Tom loomed over you, teeth bared in a gut wrenching snarl. His stare was cold, far colder than normal. The horns and tail however, didn't surprise you.

"...Tom...?" You asked meekly, voice faint.

No, what surprised you was the razor sharp, black claws tearing at your insides.

You inhaled sharply as the claws were swiftly withdrawn from your core, before letting out an ear splitting scream. Your voice echoed in the never ending black, yet solid void around you.

In a state of panic you threw yourself off your back and onto your knees. Warm, thick blood gushed from your large wound, staining your clothes. Looking down you saw your entrails hanging from the hole in your stomach. Pale grayish pink stark in contrast against the dark red that dripped down. You looked past the guts, and saw the blood falling away into the abyss. You however, along with Tom, were not falling.

You lifted your gaze back up to Tom, vision more than blurry from tears. You knew however, that the sleeves of his hoodie were torn from his large, gray fur covered arms. And that his tail was lashing behind him. You also knew, it was your blood dripping from his claws.

About you to speak, you didn't break the eye contact. You never got a word out.

Tom plunged his claws into your chest. You felt the flesh and skin tear away around his blood stained claws. A gasp slipped past your lips as you felt your heart physically being torn in two. Black dots flooded your vision, and the pain that lit your body began to fade.

Blood stained your lips as you smiled up at Tom, just before you collapsed.

You awoke with a start, flinging yourself up into a seated position. Grasping the checkered comforter you looked around your room. Tomme bear sat on the nightstand, clothes piled the floor, nothing seemed out of place. Except that Tom wasn't there.

Whole body feeling clammy, and heart racing you pulled yourself out of bed. You were going to find Tom.

You left the comfort of your quiet room in nothing but your (F/C) hoodie and plain black underwear. It was late, and you were sure no one but Tom would see you.

On shaking legs you ventured down the, rather dark and creepy, hallway. Many possibilities flooded your mind. Were was Tom? Was he okay? What if he did hurt you? Was that a growl? Or just one of the boys snoring?

When you stepped into the living room you noticed light spilling in from the kitchen, surely that's where Tom was.

"Tom?" Your voice was hardly a whisper as you peaked around the corner.

Sure enough there he was. His tail lashed about, and he was gripping at his hair with a gray, clawed fist, but it was Tom.

Timidly you stepped over to him, and pulled him into one of the softest hugs of your life. You were still shaking, even as he relaxed. He pulled you down onto his lap, letting out a blissful sigh.

"What's wrong (Y/N)?" He asked, noticing your more than spooked appearance.

You took a deep, shaky breath. "I-I had a ni-nightmare and-and you w-were there and then you t-tried to, and oh god it hurt so much and-"

"Shh, (Y/N), shhh, it was just a dream love, here, go sit down on the couch, okay?" He cut off your rambling, and tried to sooth you.

Tom wrapped an arm, and his tail around your waist, leading you to the couch. You sat, still trembling as he draped a (F/C) and blue checkered blanket over you, careful not to rip it with his claws.

"Give me just one minute and I'll be right back" He told you, kissing the top of your head and turning on some romance movie.

You nodded and snuggled into the blanket. The 'thack' sound of his claws on the kitchen tile calmed you slightly, and you began to relax. Until the microwave went off at least, you screamed when that happened.

Soon enough Tom came back, as promised.

"Okay (N/N), I might need your help carrying something. I, um, I broke a cup with my claws" He told you.

You giggled at his foolishness. "Okay, I'll help" You told him with a small smile.

You stalked into the kitchen, grabbing the two steaming mugs that sat on the counter. You made your way back to the couch with the sweet smelling cups. Setting the pale blue one aside for Tom, and the pale (F/C) one for yourself, you snuggled up to Tom's chest.

Tom lifted the blanket and covered you both in it once more. You grabbed both mugs and handed him his, taking yours for yourself. You sighed contently as dull claws ran through your (H/L) hair.

You sipped your drink, which was probably the best hot chocolate you have ever tasted. Tom still ran his hand through your hair, his other arm circled around your waist, and his tail twined down your bare legs.

"Tom? Promise me you'll never hurt me?" You asked.

"I promise (Y/N)" He vowed.

With a smile you set the cup aside, as he did the same with his. Leaning into Tom's hand you felt yourself calming down. You buried your face in his chest, and enclosed your arms around his torso, wrapped your legs around his tail.

Tom was a monster alright. Some people were scared of him and his claws, and tail, fangs, and horns. But not you. Tom was your monster.

'and my monster will never hurt me...' those were your last thoughts as you drifted to sleep in his warm, loving, embrace.

A/N: Fun fact I tried writing this awhile ago, this was actually supposed to replace "Adored" but I didn't really know how to write this one at first. Either was, this one was fun, not a request, but still fun! Don't forget to request, it's the only way I can keep this story going! -Daybreak