Child!Tord °Games°

A/N: Request for my good friend winterwolf2215, hope you enjoy it, because I enjoyed writing it! Will this make up for the tears I made some of you cry with the last chapter? Also again to preface, both Reader and Tord are about five or six.

You were a strange kid, one who didn’t have many friends, but you were okay with that. Tord was also a strange child, a bit easily angered as well, so it was no surprised when the two of you befriended each other.

He had been rude at first, pushed you around a lot, but you just smiled at him. He thought you were strange too, you always smiled, even at people who were mean to you.

You thought he was weird, he never really said what he meant, and was always grumpy for no reason. However, you had been raised to never judge others and to always be kind, so you ignored the weird things and always smiled at him.

Tord was your best friend in the world, you always played games with him, and stayed at his house, even though, his parents were rarely home.

Today, like most days, Tord’s parents were gone, you didn’t know where, and you didn’t bother to ask either, it was none of your concern. You and Tord were outside in his backyard, trying to decide what game you should play.

“How about pirates?” Tord asked.

You hummed in thought, before shaking your head. “We played pirates yesterday!” You squeaked.

Tord began to pace around his yard, deep in thought.

“What about tag?” You chimed in.

“No… I can’t play tag, my leg hurts real bad” Tord sighed, bummed out.

You shrugged, you didn’t have any other ideas, so you watched him pace and busied yourself making a daisy chain. You carefully weaved flowers together, just like you were shown, plucking daisy after daisy with care.

You giggled as you looked over at Tord, his red hoodie was too large and came down over his gray shorts, making it look  like he wasn’t wearing anything under the jacket.

Tord looked up at you when you laughed, but you had already gone back to staring at your flower crown with a smile on your face.

“We could play hide and seek?” He offered.

You looked around, you were told to stay in the backyard, and there was no where to hide. “There’s no hiding spots though” You whined.

Tord also looked around, noticing that you were indeed right. “Oh… Welllllll… How about we play… Um… We play army!” He seemed proud of that suggestion.

You frowned slightly, not looking up from the link of flowers, you never really liked playing army, Tord got a bit too mean when you played and that usually led to you getting hurt. You fiddled with the stems on the daisies.

“I…” You wanted to tell him you didn’t like that game, but he loved it so much you couldn’t bring yourself to.

“I’m done!” You yelled in distraction, holding up a finished crown of flowers. “Here Tord, it’s for you!” You hummed, holding it out to him.

Tord stopped pacing, turning to look at you. “For… Me?” He asked, softly taking it.

“Hey (Y/N), could you make another one of those? I have an idea…” He mused, you nodded in reply.

So you got to work and made yet another flower crown just like Tord asked you to.

“All done?” He asked.

You nodded, a wide grin on your face. His silver eyes gleamed with joy as he examined the gift you handed him. A smirk spread across his face as he placed the crown atop his head, two horn like tufts of hair poking out in front of it.

Tord puffed out his chest, placing his hands on his hips and laughing proudly.

“I am the king of this land!” He declared.

Suddenly Tord turned to you, something in hand. He held it out to you, it was a flower, a very beautiful one at that. White, delicate petals with small beads of dew sitting still on them, the flower looked fragile, easy to rip apart, which you almost expected Tord to do given his violent nature, but he didn’t, instead he offered it to you. Softly you grabbed the flower by it’s stem, twirling it between your fingers.

“Will you rule this kingdom with me?” He asked, a hopeful look in his eyes.

So Tord wanted to play kingdom did he? You smiled widely, you loved this game.

“Of course Tord!” You chimed, standing up and leaning over to kiss his cheek as you giggled.

You didn’t know that Tord would pose that question to you once more when you two were older and he was leading an army. You didn't know how deeply in love you would fall with your Norwegian best friend. You didn't know that one day when he smiled at you, you would get flustered and nervous. You didn’t know that one day you would be married to your red king, and for now you didn’t care either.

The future wasn’t on your mind, at least, not the far future anyways, you were more focused on the fun you were about to have, playing this game, with your best friend.

A/N: Sorry this was short, but very sweet! I wish it was longer than this honestly, but I didn't have very many ideas for this one... Hope you enjoyed anyways. -Daybreak