Edd |Other side of the screen|

A/N: So, this chapter is like, REALLY long, like over twice the length of a normal chapter, so, sorry?? Its only so long because it was a vent chapter, which I am also sorry about, but I had this idea for awhile and I wanted to see how you guys liked it, because I really did like this idea? Anyways, sorry for the long vent chapter, the next one will be better, I promise!

Request for: @Theawkwardlychiken Sorry if this isn't what you expected!

You always hated coming home to an empty house. You always came home to an empty house anyways. Living on your own did have it's perks, you supposed, there were never any outside distractions to keep you from getting stuff done; at least none that couldn't be turned off.

"I'm home..," You groaned to no one with lack luster effort as you closed the door behind you.

Your phone buzzed in your pocket, exciting you for a moment as you anticipated it being your boyfriend who texted you. But when you checked your phone you found it was only your group chats.

You honestly didn't understand why you were still in those chats anymore, it's not like you ever talked in them. But you also knew your "friends" would be pretty upset with you if you left them.

When the user name of your best friend --- Scratch that, ex-best friend --- appeared on screen, you fumed with anger. Who did they think they were? Parading around their new internet friends, treating them better than they did you. At an honest glance it would be hard to tell you had known them longer.

Just the thought of it all had you fuming with rage. What reason could they have for replacing you after all?

They weren't replacing you were they?

Just like that all the anger you had been feeling melted away into a sorrow so sudden and terrible it left you reeling. Your mind was desperately searching for answers it didn't hold. You needed something to drown all this out.

Soon after turning on the television you found its nice background hum was not distracting you as much as you would've liked. You decided to try something else.

Well radio is dead, and all your music was doing was giving you a killer headache. Thankfully your phone came to your rescue when it buzzed. Near tears you checked who the hell wanted to talk to you right now, fully ready to throw your phone down a sewer drain if it was your supposed "best friend". Relief flooded you when you saw that it wasn't your no good, back-stabbing, ex-best friend.

Rather, the words "Cola-boy has joined the conversation" lit up your screen, signifying that it was your boyfriend who wanted to talk to you. And while you didn't really want to talk right now, you also knew Edd would help you feel better.

Talking to him always helped cheer you up after all. He could make you laugh when you didn't even want to smile. Ya, maybe talking to him would help you feel better.

-Cola_boy has joined the chat-

CB: Hey, Soda pop! Don't know when you'll see this but you're just getting home, right?

You began to type out a reply, but apparently you had already stalled too long, and Edd sent you another text.

CB: Also wanted to let you know, things are kinda... Winding down here, so if I fall asleep before you get this, I love you, talk to you soon.

That's right... You had been so desperate to talk to him you forgot he would going to sleep soon. But you didn't care what he was doing right now on the other side of the country, you needed him. You hated the fact that he lived so far away, but you didn't have the money to go visit him yet. So instead you just hoped he didn't mind staying up a little later for you.