Opposite Day!Matt =Strange Day=

A/N: Hey guys! Just wanted to let you all know what is up with school right now, because I am busy! I've been working on a lenghty paper for English, and a story for Creative Writing, aaaaannddd I need help with Math because I hate math, PLUS, me and my friend are writing a co-opp Eddsworld fic, which I will post to this account as soon as its done! So, needless to say updates will probably slow down even further, which slightly upsets me! I have some wonderful ideas for some of your requests, but it's gonna take awhile till I get to write them! Updates are coming, I promise!

Request for: Trash_Kat

You awoke to a distant, unidentifiable sound. Just as you opened your eyes and began to try and process what it was, the sound stopped.

Something about today just felt wrong. You weren't exactly a "morning person" by any means, but you'd never awoken in this bad a temper.

Standing, you disregarded your (F/C) hoodie completely. Instead, you put on your (F/C) dress shirt and (S/F/C) vest. Normally, you despised wearing such formal clothes, especially around the house, but today it just seemed more tempting than your hoodie.

An ear-splitting scream rang through the house. That voice was one you knew all too well, your boyfriend, Matt. The thought of his bubbly personality and energy honestly gave you a headache at the moment. But he was your boyfriend, and you wanted to be a good partner, so you figured you would check on him.

Ascending the stairs you noticed a small crowd had gathered around Matt's door. It seemed you weren't the only one feeling off today.

Tom, known for his normally angry and brooding nature was dressed in what was probably the brightest blue sweater and overalls you had ever seen. He was also grinning like a mad-man.

Tord looked like he had just been crying as he tried to hide himself in his baggy sweater. Tord hated both oversized clothes and crying, but right now he seemed comfortable.

Edd was standing right outside the door timidly and awkwardly. You could see the sweat beading up on his temple and the way his hand shook as he lifted it to knock on the door. He tugged at the collar of his lime sweater vest as he softly knocked on the door.

You decided it wasn't worth questioning why everyone was being so weird today.

Not even a minute had passed since Edd knocked on the door before a booming yell rang throughout the once quiet house.

"How many times do I have to tell you idiots?! Unless you want to die, fuck! Off!" Matt snarled, causing everyone to jump at his fearsome temper. Matt never swore, or threatened people.

"I kinda want to die..." You heard Edd mumble faintly.

"Move." You demanded, pushing your friends aside forcefully. "Matt! Its me, can I come in, love?" You asked quietly yet still being demanding.

Slowly, the door creaked open as per your request. You heard the boys behind you gasp with amazment before you stepped into the dark room. Matt sat in the middle of his bed, knees to his chest, hoodie unzipped and overcoat nowhere in sight.

Scattered shards of glass covered the floor. Sunlight poured in from the window and reflected off the glass onto the ceiling. The whole room looked as though submerged underwater, it was stunning.

A broken and splintered wooden frame lay around the glass, Matt must've broken a mirror. Although that would explain the screaming, it wouldn't explain why the mirror bits were the only thing on the floor.

Matt's whimpers brought you back to the only, real, issue at hand. The fact that your boyfriend was crying.

"Matt? What's wrong?" You whispered, softly placing a hand on his shoulder.

Matt shrugged your hand off, babbling what sounded like nonsense under his breath. Although his hood covered his face, you could still see the tears that trailed down his cheeks, and the fear that reflected in his cobalt eyes.

"(Y/N), why do you love me?" He asked you, his head shooting up as his eyes met yours.

"Because you're you, why?" You were confused, Matt never asked questions like that.

"Just look at me!" He laughed dryly, "I'm a fucking mess, (Y/N)! A disgusting mess... God, you deserve so much better..." He trailed off, sniffling.

"I love you Matt." You stated firmly.

"How can you be so sure?" He asked you.

"So sure of what?" You asked, perplexed.

"When you say you love me, there isn't an ounce of doubt in your voice." He told you.

You wanted to tell him, tell him that he was all your favorite songs in one. The color of his eyes was your serenity, he made your heart feel lighter. Even on this extremely strange day he still made you feel like that.

But you couldn't find the words.

So you gave him a smile. A smile you had never given anyone before. A smile that was full of everything he made you feel. From every skipped heartbeat to every glance stolen from across the room. Every time you wanted to grab his hand and pull him in for a kiss. Every time you wanted to run your fingers through his hair. Every loving feeling poured from you in a smile, a smile that was made only for him.

Words seemed to escape Matt as well, for all the did was grab your wrist and pull you onto his lap. As he hugged you, you pressed your cheek against his chest and were only half surprised to find he smelled like burnt out cigarettes and a liquor store.

You loved the way you fit together, the way he enveloped you in his arms. Obviously, Matt was taller than you, so you easily fit in his lap, and his arms easily closed around your frame.

"Matt?" You spoke up.

"Ya, doll?" You weren't even surprised anymore. Although Matt had never called you anything like that before; He normally thought it disrespectful.

"Why were you crying when I came in here?" You asked.

He looked down at you, although his gaze was somewhere else. A universe of pain and fear glistened behind the blue of his eyes.

"No reason. Forget you even saw it." He told you, twirling a (H/L) strand of your hair around his finger.

"Did it have to do with that?" You murmured, pointing at the ruins of the mirror.

Matt shuddered when he looked at it. You leaned your head back looking up at the lights still swimming across the ceiling. The sight was beautiful and you regretted the fact that after Matt, or Edd, or whoever cleaned it up you'd never see it again.

He never did answer your question but that was fine. He didn't seem much for talking today. You weren't much for talking today yourself though, so you didn't mind.

Even if everything felt wrong today, laying in Matt's arms was still the best thing in the world.

The two of you were silent, the only noises shared between you being your steadily slowing breathing.

Today would be quiet. Quiet was rare in this house so you weren't complaining. After all, the quieter it was, the better you would hear Matt's heartbeat as you drifted to sleep in his arms.

A/N: Not too sure how I feel about this one, it's okay I suppose... Also, please excuse any errors, I'm suffering from a head cold and trying to write these on a phone, thanks for understanding! -Daybreak