Matilda }Ocean Eyes{

A/N: It is only now that I'm about to publish this chapter that I realize this was never put on the request quene page! Oh well, I suppose that makes this a surprise, then!

Request for: @Plumeria04(who it AGAIN won't let me tag...)r girl x Male!Reader, I felt like the ginger needed some love!

"Remind me again why we even bought that box in the first place?" You asked Tamara as you entered the house.

"It was free," she shrugged, "plus I thought there might've been doughnuts in it."

You sighed and shook your head, "Tams, the guy told you it was cursed!" You groaned, "I swear sometimes Matilda is the only girl in this house with any common sense!"

"Oh?" Tamara hummed with a grin, "And what does that mean for you? Are you saying you don't have any common sense (Y/N)?" She giggled.

"I said girl!" You barked, face red with embarrassment. Ell and Tamara just laughed.

"So, what did you guys get at the magic store? Y'know, while we were returning those two's," Ell pointed at both Tamara and Matilda, "bad choices."

"Gel pens," You told her, holding up the box of colorful writing utensils, "says they never run out of ink!" You claimed, reading the back of the box.

"Bottomless flask." Tamara groaned out boredly, lifting said object, before slinking off to the kitchen to presumably, fill it up.

"Okay, but watch this!" Ell giggled, uncapping the marker she just bought. It was one of those big, bulky, black industrial markers.

To your and Matilda's amazement, Ell held up the marker and began writing in the air!

"Holy shit!" You exclaimed, reaching out to touch the solid black line floating before your eyes. As soon as your fingers made contact with the drawing though, it dissipated.

Stealing a glance at Matilda, you saw a look of pure shock on her face. She was slack jawed, sapphire eyes wide with amazement, you were fairly sure you looked the same moments ago.

A sly grin tugged at the green-hooded girl's lips as she examined your and Matilda's in-awed expressions, "I know right?!" The chubby brunette chirped excitedly, "I can't believe I found this thing!" She exclaimed, walking away; leaving to both cause some sort if mischief, and to let both you and the ginger next to you to process what you just saw.

Soon the reality of what happened sunk in. Weirder things had happened honestly, and compared to a zombie Santa, or flushing yourselves down the toilet to retrieve the keys to the fridge, a magic marker from the magic store, wasn't all that amazing anymore.

Plopping down on the couch, you heard a "Holy cheesecake in a curling iron!" From the kitchen, you could only assume Ell had shown Tamara that marker. The couch cushions bounced as Matilda sat down next to you. You intently stared down at the box of colorful writing utensils in your hand, trying to distract yourself from her. The last thing you wanted was to be caught staring. But, try as you might, the girl next to you was the only thing you could think of.

From her fiery red hair, to her smooth, pale, freckled skin, or the way her lilac hoodie hugged in curves in all the right ways. Of course, looks weren't everything, especially not to you. She always seemed too good for you, and that had nothing to do with how she looked. She always put three sugars in her coffee because she couldn't stand the bitter taste alone, and she often smelled like lavender because once she read somewhere that lavender made people happier; and she liked to see the people around her smile. She laughed so hard during funny movies that sometimes tears would come to her eyes, and she cried so hard during sad movies that the tears would last long after the end credits.

You never understood how someone as perfect as her could be real.

Before you knew it you found yourself doing the one thing you had been trying to avoid, staring. At first Matilda didn't notice, but you didn't look away fast enough and she saw you.

"Uhm, (Y/N)?" She asked, lifting her gaze to meet your (E/C) eyes.

Gosh, you loved her eyes. They held the whole ocean you swear.

When she was happy, they were a clear, radiant blue. They were usually slightly crinkled around the corners as she laughed or smiled, and there was no trace of a storm.

But on the rare occasions when she was angry? Oh, that was a whole different matter. They were gray, murky and blazing with rage. Those eyes could burn a hole in your heart.

And when she was sad? They turned icy, cold, totally unlike her. There were a few clouds, but mostly just ice. Her sadness hurt you the most.

"(Y/N)?" She called once more, again snapping you from your trance.

"Sorry, sorry!" You hastily apologized, "what is it?" You asked her.

"I feel like I should be asking you that," she mused, "you were just staring at me after all..."

"Well... I, uhm..," You racked your brain, looking for a believable excuse, "I was just spacing out! Sorry Matilda, I didn't realize I was staring!" Well, at least it wasn't a total lie.

Thankfully Matilda was, a little more dense, than most, and didn't catch on to your hesitance and stalling.

"Oh! Okay!" She hummed.

There was an ocean of silence between you, and you were drowning in it.

Quick and nervous glances were shared between you two, silently hoping the other wouldn't catch you gawking. Much like you with her, Matilda was hopeless enamored with you.

She loved the way light danced in your (E/C) orbs, the way a smile would tug at your lips every time you saw her.

This time the ginger girl was the one caught staring, more than once. You didn't mind, nor say anything about it, it just meant you go to look at her sapphire eyes you loved so much.

The rhythmic tapping of her foot against the hard wood floor filled the silent room. Clearly something was bothering her.

"Matilda? You're doing the thing again, what's up?" You asked, giving her a confused glance.

"Uhm... Nothing!" She helped, louder than was probably intended.

"Okay..," you hummed, "But if its important, tell me." You told her.

"I know." She said quickly, still tapping her foot.

Silence hung over the room, and all was quiet except the tapping of her foot against the floor.

"I-I love you (Y/N)!" She blurted out, letting out a puff of air, happy to get that off her chest.

Then her face ignited in a brilliant shade of red, as she realized what she had in fact let slip, around you of all people. You turned your gaze to meet hers, your face an equally dark red.

"Wh-what did you just say?" You asked her, even though you had heard her perfectly well.

"I l-love you (Y/N)...?" She squealed out quietly, embarrassment painted on her face.

You gave a calm, warm smile, expression notably softening. "I love you too, Matilda." You hummed casually, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

Glancing over at the wonderful girl next to you, you noticed her narcissism was well placed. She really was beautiful, especially her eyes, and as she stared at you lovingly, you felt like you were drowning in the love reflected in her ocean blue eyes.

A/N: Sorry if this doesnt seem much like a Male!Reader, I tried but Im so used to keeping them gender neutral its a bit difficult to make it either one! Sorry this took so long to post, my rule is can't post one until I finish the rough draft for the next and anyone who knows me in real life can tell you how much I struggled to write the next one! -Daybreak