Ghost!Edd //Youth\\

A/N: Don't really know how I feel about this one honestly, but oh well. Another request for winterwolf2215 that I do hope they enjoy!

Shadows settle in the corners of you bedroom that you once shared with your loving boyfriend. Thoughts troubled you, caused by the emptiness of not only your heart, but also the room around you.

You caused this. You killed him. If only you hadn’t been so stupid, you could’ve prevented this. If only he hadn’t loved you so much, if only he hadn’t thrown away his life to save yours that day. You could still see it clear as day, the blood, oh god the blood, Edd’s face, his sweet smile, you loved that smile, even in death he was handsome.

His brown hair was ruffled by the wind, and his brown eyes caught the light of the sun, but it wasn’t the same, it was cold, more still than before.

Death itself was cold. His skin was cold, but still smelt like cola and pencil sharpening, like he always did. His smell, his touch, all of it, all of him, it was ripped away from you in but a day.

You never moved out of that house, Tom and Matt didn’t either. They were mad at you, they blamed you, and you were okay with that, you would’ve done the same if you were them. The boys were still your friends, but they themselves were too distraught and busy grieving to comfort you like a friend normally would, they hardly talked to you at all after the incident actually.

You weren’t yourself anymore, you had taken up bad habits, smoking, drinking, it would kill you faster, right? Which means, you could see Edd faster, right? Right. Cigarettes and whiskey became your new best friends, smoke burned your lungs and alcohol set the rest of your insides on fire for fun.

It was reckless of you, you were destroying your youth like this. All you wanted was to get to your future, where hopefully you would be happy again. The grim truth however, is that you would probably die before you got there, thanks to all the terrible things you were doing.

You even took up the worse habit of talking to him. You didn’t mean to, at first you were just hoping he’d hear you, where ever he ended up. That then turned into a little, almost joke where you pretended he was beside you and had a fake conversation with him in your head, or even aloud if you were alone. It has devolved now into you really talking to him, because he is there, he's beside you, always.

“Edd?” You called out, taking a drag of the lit cigarette in your mouth, blowing the smoke out your open bedroom window.

"Ya (Y/N)?" His ghost spoke out to you.

“I love you” You told him, looking at the transparent blue figure beside you.

“I love you too” He hummed.

You looked up at the sky for a second, and when you turned your head back to where he once stood, Edd was gone. That was fine, you’d see him again soon.

You flicked away the cancer stick you had been huffing on, closing your window and walking downstairs. Tom didn’t even glance at you as you made your way out of your dark room, but Matt did. The ginger stormed up to you, tears in his eyes as he tightly gripped your shoulders.

“How could you let it happen? How could you let him get hurt?” He snapped at you, fury burning in his eyes behind the tears.

“It’s all your fault Edd’s gone! It’s your fault I can’t see my friend anymore! You could have saved him! You could have protected him! But no! You killed him! You did this to him!” He snarled, shaking you as he yelled.

You said nothing as the tears began to roll down your cheeks, you knew all this, why did Matt have to remind you? Why did he have to bring this up?

Tom came to your rescue.

“Matt! Leave (Y/N) alone, alright?” He hissed, pulling him away from you. “It’s nobody’s fault this happened, we can’t blame them.”

Matt head his head high, tears still rolling down his cheeks as he stormed off to his room.

"Sorry (Y/N), you know how close he was to Edd." He was trying to comfort you, but his voice was cold.

"It's okay, I don't blame him." You sniffed out.

Tom didn't regard you further as he sat down on the couch again. You were fine with that, you wanted to hear a voice warmer than his anyway, you wanted to hear Edd's voice.

“Thank you” You whispered softly, tears beginning to fall from your eyes as you softly snuck back to your room, previous task, forgotten.

You sat on the bed and began to cry more, Matt had been right. You caused this.

"You know Edd, people tell me that I'm lucky to be alive," you felt like you knew he could hear you, "They say that I'm lucky to be breathing,"

You lit yet another cigarette, taking a drag off it as he sat on your bed,

"But, I feel more like I'm heaving, I've ruined my lungs with these bad habits."

The tears came in waves, you couldn’t do anything but try and wheeze in breath as you watched them fall from your eyes and onto the blanket.

"They tell me I'm lucky I'm able to say I was in love, but, it hurts, it hurts so much my love," you whimpered as you curled in on yourself.

Edd was beside you, slowly rubbing your back in a calming motion, you sniffed and looked up at him.

"Calm down love, it's okay now, they just don't understand." He smiled at you, that wonderful, calm smile.

"What about what Matt s-said? H-he was really angry..." You sniffed.

“It’s okay (Y/N), Matt’s just upset, you know he doesn’t mean it, right?”

“R-right…” You voice wavered as you chocked back sobs.

“Shh, (Y/N), shh, there’s no need for tears, love." He pulled you into  a soft, yet cold hug.

You sobbed into his hoodie, wishing he would never fade again. Edd held you for awhile, whispering sweet nothings and comforts to you. You loved him so, so much.

You dried your tears and looked up at him, he was beaming that same, beautiful smile at you, you couldn’t help but smile back at him.

Edd always made you feel better, even if he was currently only a figment of your new found insanity. He always made you feel better.

A/N: Still kinda conflicted about this one, oh well... Bonus points if you know the song I based this off of! Next up is a cute little Child!Tord x Child!Reader -Daybreak