5

Gemma came up from London for the weekend, and Anne can't be more pleased. Originally, it was just supposed to be a family weekend, but they're all getting antsy, as Gemma's follower count creeps closer to a million.

"Mum, I think it's happening tonight, I can feel it in my bones," Gemma hums excitedly. They're all sat around the living room. They were meaning to start up a film, but Gemma kept yelping as her follower count inched closer to a million. So, they'd given up and are, instead, sharing stories while they wait for Gemma to hit her goal.

"We're proud of you, Gems," Robin, their stepfather, reminds her. Gemma blushes softly and glances back at her phone. Harry sighs loudly, obviously not content with just sitting around waiting for his sister to hit a million.

Sure, he's proud of his sister for building such a huge following without any help, but it's boring just sitting around. His mother and Robin are always overly proud of what Gemma's done. She's made just a huge impact in the last few years, and Harry knows he'd never be able to do something like that. Compared to his sister, Harry's always feels inferior. He knows it isn't true, but how can he compete with a successful blog and, almost, a million followers?

"I'm like 20 followers away, do you think I'm going to hit it?" Harry rolls his eyes and pulls out his phone. He's never given his sister a shout-out or even mentioned her to his followers, but he knows giving her a shout-out will boost her to what she needs and maybe they can watch their film afterwards.

@DefendingLouis tweeted:

Go follow @GemmaStyles on Instagram! If you do, I'll give you a follow back!

Reply 256 retweets 654 likes

Harry sends the tweet and glances at Gemma. Before the notifications start to flood in, Harry turns his phone on silent, hoping that Gemma won't find out that the sudden influx of followers came from him. Gemma yells loudly and jumps out of her seat.

"I hit a million! I just got a hundred followers out of nowhere! The Instagram gods must have sent them," Gemma squeals again. She runs to her mother and engulfs her in a hug. Gemma pulls back and dashes to her room, probably to share the big moment with her fans. Anne glances to Harry and winks, knowing he's the one that gave his sister the push she needed. Harry feels content knowing that someone acknowledged his hard work. He stands to go turn on the film, but his mother stops him.

"I think we should throw a party for her. Nothing huge, but a little get together. She's supposed to be staying 'till Monday anyway. It's Friday now, maybe Sunday afternoon? I'm sure I can get everything set up by then for a small surprise thing," Anne suggests. Robin shrugs.

"Sounds good to me. Well, I'm going up to bed. Night Harry," Robin gives Harry a small smile and Anne a kiss, before heading towards his bedroom. Anne turns to Harry.

"What do you think of having a small get together? We don't have to invite a lot of people, only a few. Most of Gemma's friends are in London, but she has some school friends 'round still. I could invite them, some of my friends of course, and, oh, I could invite Jay and her family! That would be lovely, huh?" Anne's mind starts running as she imagines the get-together.

"Sounds... great," Harry sighs. Anne raises from her chair and kisses the top of Harry's head.

"Well, it's getting late and if I'm going to do this I have to get up early tomorrow." Anne smiles softly to herself and heads off to her room, leaving Harry alone in the living room. So much for a film.

He figures he should probably go up to his room too. He knows he isn't going to go to sleep anytime soon, so there's no point in even telling himself that. In all reality, he'll probably scroll through Instagram all night.

He walks past Gemma's room and stops as he sees her playing on her phone. Harry's wants to tell Gemma about his fan account for a while and now seems... right. He brings his hand up to her open door and knocks on it lightly.

"Can I come in?"

Gemma looks up and smiles at Harry, "Sure, what's up?" She sits up to make room for Harry on her bed like they used to. When they were younger, Harry would always crawl into Gemma's bed and they would talk for hours about everything. It's nice to have a sister Harry can trust with things.

"I have a fan account on Instagram and Twitter. I post about One Direction, but mostly Zouis. Those hundred followers, they weren't random. I gave you a shout-out on my account. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner," Harry explains nervously. Gemma takes his hands and forces him to look up. He doesn't like talking about his fan account to people he knows, but it's nice to get it off his chest.

"Thank you, Harry. You don't need to be embarrassed or nervous or anything. Do you know how weird it was to tell Mum I was starting a blog about myself? I did, though, and I'm happy I did, because look where we are now!"

"Anyway, how does it feel? Knowing that a million people out there are seeing your selfies on their feeds? Wait, do any celebrities follow you? I never check, but imagine that," Harry sighs. He never thought about the possibility of a celebrity following his sister. It could be a very real possibility.

"I don't know either, check on yours. What if one of your celebrities is following me? That'd be funny, huh?" Harry rolls his eyes playfully, knowing that none of One Direction follows his sister. He's sure of that.

He goes to her list of followers on his account. Anyone that Harry would follow would be at the top of the list. He scans over the list of the people he knows and sucks in a breath as he sees someone with the verified sticker next to their name.

"Did you find someone?" Gemma asks. She takes Harry's phone and clicks on the account. Gemma doesn't see the significance of the account Harry's found. She seems like any other Instagram famous girl, but she's sure that she has some importance to Harry.

"It's Lottie Tomlinson, she's Louis's sister," Harry explains. 

~_~_~

Hey guys! Duh, duh, duh! Sorry for not updating in a while, I was out of town. Thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! ~B