28

Louis shifts on the sofa he's sitting on as the interviewer talks. Liam is sitting next to him and Niall's on the other side of Liam. Louis looks over and sees Zayn sitting on the armrest of the couch. Louis and Zayn aren't allowed to sit next to each other during interviews anymore because of the fan's theories. Neither boy care about where they sit, so it never really bothers them.

They're doing interviews to promote their fourth album, which comes out in four days. Louis is beyond excited for the album to release. As soon as it drops, he plans on skyping Harry so he can watch his reaction as he listens to the album for the first time.

"So, I know it's been a while, but I haven't gotten to ask how you're doing after the incident in Manchester," The interviewer starts. Louis' pulled out of his trance and he straightens a little.

"Well, I think we all saw the video that was posted on Instagram. It showed a video of you and a boy, and the boy got called something and was hit. Of course, we then saw you sweeping into save the day and you escorted the boy away. If you don't mind me asking, who was he," The interviewer asks.

Louis clears his throat. "Uh, he's my friend, Harry," Louis answers simply. He curses the interviewer under his breath. He doesn't remember this question being on the set of questions they were going to be asked. He decides he'll ask Liam about it later (Liam's always careful about reading the questions and formulating an answer in case the other boys get stuck).

"He's lucky to have you then." The interview laughs, and Louis smiles. He glances at Liam, praying he gets the silent message to change the subject.

"You know what, I was in Manchester a while back with Niall and we didn't get stopped by any fans. I remember thinking how strange it was, because normally we can't really go anywhere without being stopped at least once," Liam starts. Louis breathes a sigh of relief. As much as he likes to talk about Harry in his personal life, he can't stand casually mentioning him in public.

"Yeah, I remember that day! Of course, we always have ways to stay undercover when we're going out. You have to blend in and that's not wearing a cap and sunglasses and a hood, because that brings all the attention to you," Niall explains. Louis fiddles with his fingers as the interview continues to ask questions directed at the other guys.

Louis can't focus. He wants to pay attention to the interview and throw in side comments like he normally does, but he's just not feeling it. It's been nearly a month since he'd seen Harry last, and it's driving him mad.

Louis' attention is brought back to the interview when he realizes how loud Liam is talking. "Fans like to say that our management is on our social medias all the time doing most of the tweeting and it's just... not true. They'll go on, and do a few tweets when we're busy, but for the most part it's all us. There aren't any big secrets in the band or anything that we're not telling the fans. We try to be one hundred percent honest with everyone," Liam explains.

Louis knows that the whole speech is made up and very planned. There are tons of secrets that the band keeps from the fans, and their management is always on Louis' Twitter posting things. Louis can't remember the last time he went into his social media and did anything. Everything is micro managed for him, and Liam knows that. It wouldn't surprise Louis if their management told Liam to say that, hoping that the fans might believe it.

"Lies," Louis murmurs. The word slips out under his breath, and he, honestly, didn't mean to say it out loud. Louis' always been a vocal person, something that he's had to learn to control since becoming famous. He can tell, however, that his comment wasn't as a quiet as he thought it was.

"Go on, Louis." Louis can feel Liam glaring into his soul. He gives Liam a quick glance and sucks in a deep breath. He knows he's messed up now, and Liam hasn't made it any less obvious. Louis looks over the shoulder of his interviewer and sees his publicist scolding at him.

"Nothing, I was just clearing my throat," Louis says. He glances off screen at their PR person and smiles. He feels like he's done a good job at saving the Moment, but he knows he's still in big trouble. Simon's voice is already telling him off in his head.

The boys thank the interviewer and, once the camera is off, they stand and make their way backstage.

"Way to go, Louis," Liam mutters. The two boys are walking side-by-side as they head to their car parked at the back of the studio. Niall and Zayn are walking ahead of them along with their publicist.

"It slipped," Louis shrugs.

"Would've been nice if you didn't slip on live television."

Louis rolls his eyes. As much as he loves Liam, he can be too involved sometimes. 

~_~_~

Hey guys! So, a Ziam history? What are your thoughts? BTW I'm going back and adding Louis' accent to the beginning of the book, in case you were wondering why Louis is suddenly talking weird. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed! ~B

P.S this is just a bonus chapter, so you'll still get your Monday update.