19

The guys end up at a hotel the following night and Louis can't be happier. It's been a while since he's been in a real bed. He's also managed to snag a room to himself, which means he can video-chat Harry without worrying about someone else hearing.

Coming out to Liam was a little surreal. He was almost convinced it was dream until this morning when Louis saw Liam's apologetic frown. It's shouldn't have been too big of a shock to Liam, though, considering their past.

He messages Harry, telling him that he's going to request to video-chat. It's around ten in America, so it's around four in the afternoon back home. Louis smiles as he presses the button to call Harry over Skype. Harry answers quickly and smiles at Louis.

"Hello! Can you see me all right? Is the sound good," Harry asks. Louis gives Harry a small nod. He takes a moment to glance across Harry's pixelated face.

Harry's unbelievably handsome. The quality of the video isn't doing Harry any favors, but it still isn't hard for Louis to make out his beauty. Louis finds comfort in Harry's green eyes. God, his lips, Louis wants to go through the screen and kiss him, but he can't. He wants to reach out and tousle Harry's curly hair and watch him blush. He didn't realize how much he'd miss Harry until now.

"Yeah, you sound as lovely as ever," Louis comments. Harry rolls his eyes but keeps his lopsided grin. Louis watches as Harry adjusts himself on his bed, so that he's a little closer to the screen.

"How's the hotel," Harry asks. Louis eyes the room. It's simple. A queen bed, the one he's sitting on, sits in the middle of the room. The television's stationed across from the bed, and it has two night tables. "All right," Louis shrugs. "How's everything with you?"

"Good... good, yeah, really good. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do career wise, you know? I want to think realistically, but I've always wants to be a singer, you know? I've been thinking about being a lawyer. Could you see me as a lawyer?" Louis thinks for a moment. He imagines Harry wearing a suit and defending people in court.

"I'll support you in whatever career you decide. If you want to be a lawyer, then be a lawyer. I do think you could be a singer if you tried, though. No harm in auditioning on X-Factor. I did it and look where I am now," Louis jokes.

Louis knows that Harry has an amazing voice. Most of what Louis' heard of Harry's singing voice has been Harry joking around, but he knows the boy can really sing. Louis' sure that if Harry tries out for X-Factor, he has a pretty good shot at winning it, but he also knows how horrible the music industry can be and doesn't want Harry getting hurt.

They talk a little bit longer and soon find their conversation coming to an end. They're both staring at each other. It's not a surprising situation to find themselves in, as they've been there a few times before.

"So, I think we should reconsider the 'no label' thing. I know that it was my idea to begin with, but I was a pretty big idiot a month ago," Louis jokes. Louis can tell that Harry's holding back a smile.

"Why'd you change your mind," Harry asks.

"I don't know, being away from you got me thinking about us. I like you a lot, Harry, and in my head, you're already my boyfriend. That stupid shit I said about long-distance was just me being scared, I think, but this is what I want. Will you be my boy—" Louis is interrupted by a voice on Harry's line.

"Harry, Dear, do you mind helping me out? Oh, is that Louis?" Anne looks at the camera and smiles. Louis smiles back and waves at Harry's Mum. "Hi, Louis! It's Anne," Anne shouts. Harry flinches and cringes as his mother yells. Louis watches as Harry quietly informs his mother that she can talk normally.

"Hi, Mrs. Twist," Louis replies. She looks between the two and then widens her eyes.

"Oh, am I interrupting? I am, aren't I? I'll let you two have some... privacy. Harry come talk to me when you're done. Nice seeing you, Louis." She smiles at the two before going leaving Harry's room. Harry's cheeks flush pink and he covers his face with his hands.

"God, I'm so sorry, I had no clue she was going to act like that," Harry apologizes.

"Aw, Harry's blushing," Louis teases. Harry pulls a hand through his hair and blushes deeper.

"Stop," Harry pleads. He pulls his knees to his chest and stuffs his face between his legs, trying to hide from Louis' embarrassment. Louis laughs, and Harry slowly uncurls himself and sighs deeply.

"So, as I was saying. Do you want to be my boy—" Louis stops as he hears someone messing with his door handle. He perks up immediately. "Someone's at the door," Louis whispers.

"Think we can get it with my room key?" Louis easily recognizes the Irisher's voice from a mile away. Then, Louis realizes that they're trying to get into his room. He gulps nervously and gestures at Harry to be quiet.

"Niall you idiot, why the hell would they give us a key that could open all the other doors? That doesn't even make sense. Wait! I think I have the spare," Liam cheers. Louis can tell they're trying to be secretive but failing miserably.

He hears the door open and panics. Louis shuts the lid of his computer quickly. He feels a tiny bit of guilt eating at him as he imagines how confused Harry must be, but he doesn't want to risk getting caught.

"We're having movie night over in Zayn's and my room," Niall says. Louis sighs, thankful that he wasn't caught. Zayn glances over the situation and the laptop. He rolls his eyes and leaves the hotel room. Niall looks between the two and runs after Zayn. "Z my bee, come back!" Louis smiles at the friendship between Niall and Zayn. Niall seems to be the only guy Zayn's never had a problem with.

"We'll be in Niall's room," Liam says. Louis watches Liam glance over the situation judgingly. He knows he has to be more careful next time.

~_~_~

Hey guys! New chapter! Hope you enjoyed! ~B